Desktop Investigator Tewkesbury £21000 - £26000
Desktop InvestigatorLocation: Tewkesbury | Salary: £21000 - £26000 | Posted: 25 Jan 2022 | Closes: 25 Feb 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Regional Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/TP/7571779/219547
We have a number of roles within our Desk Investigation team. Whilst previous experience is beneficial you will receive full training and coaching on all the essential skills and knowledge to perform well. This will include Conversation Management training and insurance claims information.
Our employee package includes -
- 25 days annual leave entitlement
- G4S company pension scheme
- Flexible / hybrid working opportunities (once competent and passed probation)
- Extensive employee wellness and wellbeing program
This is a growing part of our business and staff have progressional opportunities and will also see their salary increase during the first twenty four months of employment as they learn new skills and are able to handle higher value and more complex investigations.
Due to continued growth of our Property function, we are seeking a number of Desk Based Investigators to join our Household and Pet Team in Tewkesbury.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
Previous experience of handling Desktop insurance Investigations
Experience handling potential fraudulent Household & Pet claims (latter being desirable) end to end on a delegated authority basis
Experience of handling Household or Pet insurance claims.
A proactive approach in dealing with your workload while maintaining flexibility
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Skills required to conduct telephone and video interviews.
Good IT Literacy and able to work as part of a team.
Whilst experience is preferred we would also love to hear from you if the sound of the role excites you and you believe you have the ability to learn and grow into the role or hold transferrable skills.
Once in role you will be responsible for the handling of detailed investigations associated with potentially fraudulent insurance claims. This will require the following activity -
- background research and open source intelligence gathering
- appointment and interview scheduling
- conducting interviews with Insurance claimants, usually via a secure video platform, to assess the validity of all aspects of the presented claim
- this will include understanding policy coverage, loss circumstances and quantum assessment
- in some cases where claims are deemed genuine, you will be responsible for agreeing final settlement with the Claimant
- you will be required to write detailed reports outlining your findings and conclusions
- you will be required to complete extensive telephony activity - you must be comfortable dealing with people, asking the hard question but also able to build empathy, rapport and also identify vulnerable customers
- you will be responsible for your own cases and ensuring those cases are resolved and completed in line with service standards and client expectations
- you will be required to manage the client relationship and keep the client and their customer informed and updated at all times
- this is a fast moving and dynamic working environment which requires great communication and time management skills
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate should have some applicable previous experience but also -
- the ability to communicate effectively, build rapport and empathy and be comfortable in often challenging dialogues with people
- able to work as part of a team
- great time management skills
- able to process detailed information and also convey this to clients where appropriate
- IT literate
- ability to complete reports which are clear, written well and easy to understand
- a desire to seek out the truth and clarify discrepancies
- a real interest in your own personal development, learning news skills and knowledge
- positive attitude and work ethic - willing to go the extra mile and to see the partnership with your employer as a relationship we both positively contribute towards
- displays flexibility and works to shared team goals
About the Company:
The role is with G4S Investigation Solutions (UK) Limited - we trade as The Cotswold Group in the UK with our head office being in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.
The Cotswold Group is the largest private investigation company in the UK, with over 250 fully employed staff. Primarily focused on the provision of investigation solutions to UK Insurance companies, we work for 8 of the 10 largest insurers in the UK and are part of a global investigation proposition, all owned by G4S / Allied Universal.
Our business is organised into functions, of which First Party is one. You will be working in a team of Desk Investigators all handling household / property an travel claims.
We are a proactive, forward looking employer focused on finding great quality and motivated employees who will deliver outstanding results for our clients.
Jobs that might be of interest: