Deputy Prison Director - HMP & YOI Parc BRIDGEND circa £72,500
Deputy Prison Director - HMP & YOI ParcLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: circa £72,500 | Posted: 21 Feb 2019 | Closes: 14 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
DEPUTY DIRECTOR – HMP & YOI Parc, Bridgend, South Wales
circa £72,500 per annum dependent upon experience
Full Time – 40 hours per week with additional hours likely to be necessary under certain operational conditions
Plus excellent Company benefits including Company Bonus Scheme and Contributory Pension
G4S Custodial and Detention Services is the leading private provider of prison services in the UK and manages five prison establishments in England and Wales.
HMP & YOI Parc is one of the largest and most complex prisons in the country; holding in excess of 1,600 convicted and remanded adults and young offenders. It has a dedicated area of the prison which houses men convicted of sexual offences and a juvenile facility comprising of two wings which hold up to 60 young people aged under 18. We provide a progressive environment dedicated to reducing re-offending and enabling men to fulfil their potential on release. We value the importance of a rehabilitative culture and encourage innovative practice. We aim to deliver a safe, secure, decent and caring regime within a challenging environment.
We are looking for a Deputy Director to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc in South Wales. As a Deputy Director, it is essential that you have substantial experience of working within a custodial or secure environment and have the ability to thrive in a dynamic and challenging setting. You would be managing a team of nine direct reports to deliver the day to day operation of the prison through the 750 strong employee base as well as providing in charge cover in the absence of the Director.
The successful candidate will need to evidence operational excellence at relevant establishments, an understanding of contractual compliance as well as an in-depth working knowledge of prison operations and legislative requirements.
As an experienced Operational Manager, it is essential that you are a dynamic and engaging individual who shares our ethics and values and can win the hearts and minds of the teams to deliver a robust service to prisoners, employees and the customer.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Prisoners kept safe and meaningfully employed at all times.
- Provide direction to senior and operational managers so that service delivery and resource utilisation are optimised (requiring a high level of commercial experience).
- Monitor contract performance within the operational areas ensuring issues are addressed proactively and a cost effective contractually compliant service is delivered.
- Implement and monitor effective safe custody and violence reduction systems to minimise suicides, self-harm and levels of violence and restraint.
- Working with MOJ, YCS, ESTYN, HMIP, HMPPS in Wales, South Wales Police, G4S Region and other stakeholders and partners to maximise through the gate opportunities.
- Assist in ensuring that the built environment and security systems of the building are maintained (and ultimately returned to the SPV at minimal cost).
- Achieve Parc’s budget month on month to ensure effective management and financial control of the contract (and meet the annual revenue and contributions targets).
- Manage the development and effective implementation of operational policies and procedures.
- Coach and support staff to maximise their performance and ensure values, ethical standards, equality and diversity policies and procedures and contractual requirements are met.
- Ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of the rehabilitative culture and also be able to evidence delivering innovation and change management.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture to maintain recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
- Promote an equality and diversity framework which is embedded in the culture of the prison.
- Deliver an appropriate and robust security function that effectively balances the need to manage a decent and caring environment with the need to manage complexity and risk.
- Provide a rehabilitative culture and maximise opportunities for innovation and change.
- Act as Silver Commander as required ensuring the safety/security of staff and prisoners is maintained and the risk of escalation is minimised.
- Perform the role of Director as and when required and to provide regular on call cover.
Essential Job Requirements
- Minimum of three years operational experience within a custodial or secure setting (or similar environment).
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to lead from the front and make robust decisions within challenging situations.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Personal resilience and ability to thrive under pressure.
- Proven experience of delivering change and managing projects.
- Understanding of contract management.
- Understanding of devolved political environment and a commitment to working collaboratively to deliver improved outcomes for offenders.
To apply please e-mail your CV along with a covering letter briefly outlining your interest to email@example.com by 14th March 2019.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Plumber
Apply now Handy Person Semi Skilled Engineer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Nurse or Paramedic (HCP)
Location: BRIDGWATER, Cornwall
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Location: Bristol, City of