Delivery Management System (DMS) Coordinator Leiston, United Kingdom 14.55 hourly
Delivery Management System (DMS) CoordinatorLocation: Leiston, United Kingdom | Salary: 14.55 hourly | Posted: 25 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 9193
Location: EDF Sizewell C (NNB Generation)
Pay: £14.55 per hour
Weekly Hours: 40 hours per week, including some early and late starts and finishes and weekend work on monthly rotation.
Scope of the role
The role of the DMS Coordinator is to manage and monitor deliveries to support the construction of Sizewell C (SZC) using a web-based delivery management system, whilst ensuring compliance with the Development Consent Order (DCO). Delivery Management arrangements are the underpinning system that controls the number of Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV) being dispatched to SZC using designated road routes. These arrangements are designed to control and monitor the volume of freight on the designated routes to reduce the impact on the local community and follow local planning conditions.
This post will liaise directly with tier 1 contractors to facilitate, support and enable logistics bookings. The DMS Coordinator will administer and report on the Delivery Management System. Further duties include delivering driver safety briefings, checking load safety, Abnormal Load (AIL) planning and general administration including minute taking. You will work from either the SZC Main Construction Site or the Freight Management Facility (FMF) once established.
● Maintain an understanding of the DCO conditions, ensuring all Tier 1 contractors adhere to the parameters.
● Maintain knowledge of the DMS and relevant processes.
● Provide support to DMS operators dealing with the vehicles on the day of arrival.
● Supporting Tier 1 contractors by providing assistance with the DMS where required.
● Planning and scheduling AIL movements.
● Coordinate deliveries within overall project processes and priorities.
● Produce reports using Microsoft and Google applications.
● Identify and report variances and problems, escalating to the Delivery Management System Lead, to ensure the smooth flow of freight to and from HPC.
● Maintain and communicate all delivery schedules with a variety of contractor partners. This will include publishing daily schedules.
● Deliver driver safety briefings, checking load safety and AIL compliance.
● Attend daily/weekly DMS contractors meetings with an active input using Microsoft and Google Applications.
● Manage the office environment for the DMS team such as records, filing, and minute taking etc.
Skills and Competencies
● Strong IT skills
● Experience in Microsoft and Google Applications
● Experience in managing an office environment
● Experience providing first line advice to internal and external customers
● Construction Site experience preferable
● Excellent written and oral skills
● Experience managing a database of logistical information, or relevant qualifications to demonstrate capability (preferred but not required)
● Results orientated, team player, capable of managing emergency issues
● Ability to work independently and be proactive
● Excellent communication / interpersonal skills
● Discretion - Confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Highest levels of integrity, respectfulness and professionalism required at all times.
- Open, trusting and in the spirit of mutual support, especially when dealing with conflicts of interests.
- An engaging and proactive ‘can do’ attitude where successes and failures are shared.
- Doing what we say we are going to do and only committing to what can be done.
- Listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan ahead as far as possible and share intelligence to prevent surprises
- Placing the needs of the team and operations first
Specific Occupational Requirements
- Able to produce a five year verifiable work history
- Prior management experience in SIA licensable roles
Please ensure you attach a CV and Covering Letter to your application
Jobs that might be of interest: