Delivery Driver Maidstone £12.91 in first 6 months, rising to £13.51 after 1 year
Delivery DriverLocation: Maidstone | Salary: £12.91 in first 6 months, rising to £13.51 after 1 year | Posted: 5 Aug 2022 | Closes: 1 Sep 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7572
Uniform, Annual Leave, Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Health Checks
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today's world. Allied Universal is There for you. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Join G4S as a Driver in Maidstone and you will become part of a well-trained, tight knit team providing an essential, cash transportation service to the local community. All you need to have is a valid UK driving license and good customer service skills to prepare you for a great, long-term driving career with an industry leading company. And you will also earn a great salary and excellent benefits. G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers.
Our Cash Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre secure storage. As a G4S Driver in our Maidstone team, you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be to deliver and collect cash from our customer premises and you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures designed to ensure that our service remains superior, and that our customer requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
The Ideal Candidate:
You will join a team of specialist Drivers and be responsible for making scheduled deliveries and collections, within specified time windows, ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with your trip sheet. It’s important that you maintain good, safe and courteous driving behaviour and present a professional appearance by always wearing the company uniform and the relevant safety equipment provided. Our Drivers must always be polite and courteous to customers and members of the public at all times. and wear the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided. You’ll also:
- Carry out vehicle checks and report any security and/or mechanical defects and follow
- procedures properly in the event of an emergency or a criminal attack.
- Check consignments and ensure accuracy and efficient loading/unloading at branches and
- other secure areas.
- Undertake training to develop, learn and progress.
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude by carrying out any other duties as deemed reasonable.
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate
So what makes a successful Driver?
To succeed as a G4S Driver, you will need to hold a valid UK driver’s licence and be confident when communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English. An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important, and you will be adept following specific procedures and instructions and be able to work to tight deadlines. We ideally seek:
- Previous experience in a driving role would be extremely beneficial but is not essential, as would experience using IT and computer systems.
- You must be continuously focused on providing a top notch service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious.
- You’ll need to be physically fit, as the role involves lifting and transporting heavy items. You will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
Pay starts at £12.91 per hour, rising to £13.21 after 6 months, rising to £13.51 after 12 months (plus night allowance if applicable)
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 5 /10 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
- An SIA licence would be beneficial.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and We Care: 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual well-being.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application OR send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org