Day Controller Chelmsford, Essex £23,000
Day ControllerLocation: Chelmsford, Essex | Salary: £23,000 | Posted: 25 Feb 2019 | Closes: 18 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7650
Please note that this role is open to internal applicants only.
- To ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day operation within the patient transport service by coordinating the distribution of patient journeys with care and respect
- To work as part of a team alongside planners, help desk agents, Logistics Specialists and other site controllers.
Key performance Indicators:
- Excellent patient feedback with no customer complaints
- Deadlines met for production of data and tasks completed
- Works well within the team
- Efficient information/data support service provided to Contract Manager and Assistant Contract Manager where appropriate
- Helpful, pleasant and polite manner to colleagues and customers at all times
- Demonstrate high level of commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance, calm under pressure
- The post holder must not divulge any confidential information to an unauthorised person that they may access during their employment
- Understand patient mobility, special needs and staff rosters to allocate appropriate resource effectively.
- To follow the protocols set out for day control to ensure a uniform way of working across the team
- Manage time efficient routes on a daily basis, making effective use of resources in order to meet patient requirements.
- Deal with all routine routes in a timely manner so that an appropriate response is provided.
- Liaise with the management team to identify any potential problems.
- Treat all callers with respect, courtesy and cordiality, whilst obtaining relevant accurate information quickly
- Coordinate and provide support to Ambulance Care Assistants and Emergency Medical Technicians and liaise with customers to ensure an excellent service is offered and delivered
- To ensure utilisation is managed to the highest levels whilst managing costs to the KPIs set.
- Administration and record keeping is kept to a high standard
- Responsible to report all vehicles are repaired and roadworthy for hire
- Promotes a high level of morale, ensuring the team remain customer focused, maintaining integrity at all times
- Ensure the contracted service is delivered on a timely basis to the required standard in line with policies and procedures.
- Organise and allocate resources to optimise service delivery
- To attend Back to the Floor days with the crews periodically
- Deal with any and all matters which arise as first point of contact
- Follow all appropriate safety procedures and report any potential hazards or possible misuse of the service to the Logistics Specialist Manage
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the role as directed by your Senior or Logistics Specialist Manager
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A strong can do attitude
- O Level/GCSE in Maths and English
- Worked in a fast pace multi delivery environment
- Customer focused
- Good communicator and problem solving skills with strong time management and ability
- I.T. Literate (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Application of common sense approach
- A caring attitude towards patients and an outgoing, friendly manner, able to show empathy and respect
- The post holder must be willing to undergo suitable training including Manual Handling, Risk Assessment, Customer Services, client
induction and first aid.
- Able to deal with multiple tasks and prioritise
- Able to work on own initiative and proactively
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times
- Willing to undertake a standard DBS check
- Knowledge of Patient Transport Services
- Experience of working in confidential environment
- Basic literacy and numeracy are required. Formal qualifications (apart from a full, current UK driving license) are less important than the appropriate manner and attitude to patients, clients and collegues
- Geographical knowledge of the local area to be worked within
- Logistical experience in the hire industry or formal logistics qualifications (NVQ/Other)
- Health and safety
Jobs that might be of interest:Part Time Call Handler
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Apply now Mental Health Ambulance Care Assistant- Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Location: Woolwich, Greater London
Apply now Mental Health Ambulance Care Assistant- UCLH
Location: Bloomsbury, Greater London
Apply now Ambulance Driver - Maidstone
Apply now Mental Health Ambulance Care Assistant- Kent & Medway