Database Developer - G4S Deposita - South Africa Midrand Market Related
Database Developer - G4S Deposita - South AfricaLocation: Midrand | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 6 May 2019 | Closes: 22 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/417748/154965
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Deposita (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Database Developer based at our operations in Midrand.
The responsibility of a Database Developer is to design, develop, monitor, and maintain databases. To translate business data requirements into robust and sustainable databases, overseeing database development efforts and being accountable for all databases.
- Design and develop MSSQL database objects
- Design and develop business intelligence reports
- Review database changes made by fellow team members and ensure they meet the required standards
- Provide support to the Development / QA / Production environment(s)
- Perform unit and integration testing on existing and new developments
- Regularly refer and update one’s self with the standard operating procedure governing the workplace
- Perform any ad hoc duty that may be assigned to you by Management from time to time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree in Information Systems or equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience developing MSSQL database objects
- Experience designing, developing and supporting financial MSSQL databases
- Proficient to Expert with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Proficient to Expert with SQL Server T-SQL
- Proficient with SQL Server SSIS packages
- Good Verbal & Written Communication Skills
- Track record of keeping up-to-date with technologies
- Experience working on an Agile SCRUM team (preferred)
- Must be able to function as part of a team
- MCSA: SQL Server Solutions Associate (Advantageous)
Other competencies / attributes required
- Data gathering
- Hands on
- Innovative & Energetic
- Proactive & Capable
- Easily Approachable
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Locator
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Chlemsford, Massachusetts
Apply now Utility Dispatcher
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now Senior Business Analyst
Location: Sutton Park House + travel to other UK Locations
Apply now Utility Locator
Location: Kenosha County, Wisconsin