DART Healthy Lifestyle InstructorLocation: Rugby, Warwickshire | Salary: £22,000 - £23,000 | Posted: 15 Mar 2019 | Closes: 29 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
DART (Drugs, Alcohol Recovery Team) Healthy Lifestyle Instructor - Fixed Term Contract until March 2020
HMP Rye Hill, Willoughby, Nr Rugby
Salary range : £22,000 - £23,000 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a DART Healthly Lifestyle Instructor to join our team at HMP Rye Hill.
HMP Rye Hill is situated in Willoughby, near Rugby, Warwickshire and is a category B training prison acting as a national resource for sentenced male adults who have been convicted of a current or previous sex offence(s)
We are looking to recruit an Instructor to help with our Healthy Living Project for our Substance Misuse Service for prisoners. The successful person will help to support the rehabilitation process and co-ordinate healthy living workshop activities and interventions for various clients in line with regime requirements whilst maintaining the security of the prison. The role is contracted until March 2020 with an extension subject to funding.
Responsibilities will include;
- Supervise and control offenders within the healthy living workshops and interventions at HMP Rye Hill in line with the agreed objectives and milestones
- Teach and support groups of prisoners from the substance misuse service client list at HMP Rye Hill by delivering Healthy Living courses for a rolling pool of open file offenders through levels of attainment.
- Liaise with the HMP Rye Hill substance misuse services to support the development of treatment plans for drug users.
- Maintain offender attendance levels at optimum numbers so that efficiency is obtained at all times.
- Complete and return regime monitoring documentation so that accurate statistics can be produced.
- Assist in the planning and organising of the product workflow to achieve optimum performance of the healthy living workshop
- Maintain effective work systems, ensuring that all correspondence and documentation is dealt with in a professional manner that meets regular audit requirements.
- Monitor all areas of the healthy living workshop to ensure they are kept clean, tidy and presentable and are operating in accordance with appropriate Health & Safety procedures.
- Check that all tools or stores items including consumables are accounted for at all times so that security is maintained.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills and knowledge
- Enthusiastic approach as self-motivator and a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in the operation of a classroom environment workshop
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- Sound knowledge in Healthy Living and Nutrition
- Experience in dealing with people with a history of substance misuse
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Service Delivery Manager
Apply now Senior Custody Detention Officer
Location: Kettering - Northants
Apply now Operational Support Officer (Oakhill)
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical bias)
Apply now Water Technician