Cyber Security Engineer Home Based Competitive
Cyber Security EngineerLocation: Home Based | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 3 Sep 2019 | Closes: 8 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2012
- Act as an engineer build ad hoc proof of concepts
- Implement and develop technical security solutions, particularly implementing or configuring open source technologies
- Build proof-of-concept solutions in the G4S cloud environment
- Act as a high-level penetration tester
- Undertake limited security analysis or penetration testing of G4S systems using open source tools, normally as a precursor to formal third-party testing.
- Act as a SOC analyst
- Undertake analysis of centralised Group IT security enforcing controls that are deployed across G4S business units globally
- Engineer and analyse data from disparate security systems to extract the signal from the noise using data analysis tooling
- Undertake technical risk assessments and evaluations of G4S information systems
- Advise project teams and colleagues on the technical security aspects of new and existing projects
- Undertake technical security assessments of third party vendors
- Suggest new technical solutions, research technical security solutions
- Interpret and advise on the results of vulnerability assessment tools and third-party security (penetration) tests
- Act as a security operations engineer
- Prepare operational documentation
- Undertake operational tasks such as privileged account review
- Define processes
- Participate in incident response activities
- Support e-discovery processes to capture data in the event of an incident or a project request
The Ideal Candidate:
- Exposure to enterprise security tools such as anti-virus, web gateway filtering, compliance monitoring, vulnerability assessment, firewalls, proxies, etc.
- Exposure to cloud environments and big data analytics, such as Google Big Query
- Able to install and build Linux environments.
- Able to write shell scripts, Powershell commands or the ability to learn it
- SQL language knowledge or the ability to learn it.
- Knowledge of the ISO 27001/27002 requirements and controls
- Knowledge of security architecture
- Knowledge of risk management
- Knowledge of network infrastructure
- Knowledge of audit processes
Jobs that might be of interest: