Customer Retention Officer - G4S Deposita South Africa Samrand Basic Salary + Benefits
Customer Retention Officer - G4S Deposita South AfricaLocation: Samrand | Salary: Basic Salary + Benefits | Posted: 18 Aug 2020 | Closes: 18 Sep 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/417748/196314
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Customer Retention Officer
G4S Deposita a leading provider of cash management solutions has a vacancy for a Customer Retention Officer based in Samrand.
Reporting to the Head: Retail Cash Solutions, the position is responsible to retain, maintain and improve the company and customer relationship through ensuring service levels are met and that the customers are informed of the Company’s full service offerings available to them.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgment in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Ensure customer retention as a strategic priority
- Draw up and follow a call cycle plan whereby a minimum of 6 client appointments per day are to be scheduled
- Determine prior to the client appointment whether there is a valid G4S Deposita contract on file and if not ensure that a new contract is discussed at the appointment
- As part of the appointment, respond to customer questions, requests regarding service additions, billing queries and service related problems. All discussion details are to be recorded on the Client Visitation sheet.
- At each customer visit, there must also be a process of educating them on the G4S Deposita services and products available and offer them any additional services
- On receipt of a client threat or intention to terminate their services, the CRO is required to set up an appointment with the client to identify the specific reasons why the customer is wanting to terminate the service
- Report threats and notice of terminations to both the Head of Retail and Operations Director and set up an appointment with the client, relevant Managers and themselves to try and resolve the complaint and thus retain the client
- All agreements reached in the meeting with the client are recorded in writing and properly communicated to operations and the client placed into ICU mode.
- Where the termination is unavoidable, conduct an exit interview between relevant manager and the client. This exit interview is to be sent to the Operations Director and Head Retail Sales.
- Negotiate cancellation terms for existing customers who have given final notice of their intention to terminate their contracts
Effective administration and record keeping
- Call cycle plans are to be updated monthly and kept on file.
- Regional risk reports are to be updated bi-monthly in conjunction with the AEs and kept on file
- Update client records with action taken and any follow ups required in both SAP and Salesforce.
- Complete weekly summary report of customer problems and forward it to the relevant management for their attention and corrective action requirements
- File retention action plans for specific customers on both file and salesforce
- Ensure that customers receive their signed new contracts, amended service schedules and all relevant documentation resulting from their appointments.
- Capture and update Salesforce each week with all the required information needed to sustain an accurate and live pipeline in accordance with group pipeline targets.
- Capture and update Salesforce information on a daily
- / weekly basis. All activities, appointments, calls and meetings
- with customers are to be logged into the system.
- Minuted weekly sales feedback meetings with the Managers are to take place and be kept on file.
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Matric certificate
- 2-3 years’ experience in Customer Retention Field
- Computer skills (word and excel)
- Previous CIT experience highly advantageous
- Relevant Customer Retention qualification advantageous
- Ability to make good judgment calls where policies are not defined
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Very organized and detail orientated
- Computer literacy
- High level of product knowledge
- High level of patience whilst dealing with irate customers
- Understand and evaluate data quickly
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries and sectors where security and safety risks are considered
a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and more than 620, 000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit www.g4s.com.
G4S operates in over 26 countries in Africa and employs over 120 000 people on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavor to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Safety First - We prioritise safety management to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and those around us.
- Performance - We seek to improve performance year-on-year to create long-term sustainability.
- Integrity - We can always be trusted to do the right thing.
- Best People - We employ the best people, develop their competence, provide opportunity and inspire them to live our values.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - We collaborate for the benefit of our customers and G4S.
- Expertise - We develop and demonstrate our expertise through our innovative approach to creating and delivering the right solutions.
- Customer Focus - We have close, open relationships with our customers which generate trust and we work in partnership for the mutual benefit of our organisations.
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.
Jobs that might be of interest:Sales Engineer
Apply now Account Executive
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Apply now Inside Sales Representative
Location: Remote - USA
Apply now Inside Sales Specialist
Location: Hawthorne, California
Apply now Account Executive
Location: New York, New York