Crisis Worker Worcestershire £12.30
Crisis WorkerLocation: Worcestershire | Salary: £12.30 | Posted: 18 Oct 2021 | Closes: 15 Nov 2021 | Job Type: Part Time and Fixed Term | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10700
The Glade, Bransford, Worcester, WR6 5JD
Shifts: Tuesdays only, 09:00-17:00
Pay: £12.30 per hour
The successful candidate must be able to commit to at least 4 shifts per month
* 9 months fixed term contract
Exciting opportunity to be part of the new West Midlands Paediatric SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) Service in partnership with the NHS. The service l provides acute and historic examinations, healthcare and support to clients under 18, across the West Midlands, Staffordshire, West Mercia and Warwickshire.
We are recruiting For a historical Crisis Worker to cover the Tuesday Clinic only Location The Glade, Bransford, Worcester. The Crisis Workers role is to provide advocacy, support and assess onward referrals required for under 18 clients and their family accessing the SARC service. Applications are invited from candidates who are able to travel and attend the Walsall SARC easily within 60 minutes
About our Site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
Job Spec: To provide the highest level of advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service.
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service
- To arrive at the SARC within 60 minutes in the event of a call-out
- To offer a welcoming environment to all service users and visitors upon their arrival at the SARC
- To provide advocacy service to all SARC clients
- Provide sensitive, non–judgmental support, enabling the service user to regain control and selfesteem.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising and providing support to each other To offer telephone support to SARC clients
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To produce clear record keeping/documentation and ensure it’s secure storage as per SARC policy.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework ensuring all staff / patients receive equal treatment at all times
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Full Driving Licence and Access to own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Competent Computer Skills
- Experience of working with victims of sexual assault.
- Relevant qualification in supporting victims of sexual abuse and/or physical abuse.
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
For further information please email: email@example.com
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).