Crisis Worker Thames Valley £20.00
Crisis WorkerLocation: Thames Valley | Salary: £20.00 | Posted: 2 Aug 2021 | Closes: 23 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9542
Flexi Crisis Worker
Thames Valley, Slough (SL1 2BJ)
Shifts: A minimum of 6 shifts per month, week nights weekends & some weekday cover too.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
We are recruiting for a Flexi Crisis Worker to join our team in Thames Valley (Bicester)
Job outline: To provide the highest level of on-call advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service
Rates of Pay as a Flexi Crisis Worker:
- Rates of Pay as a Flexi Crisis Worker:
- On-Call Rates: 06:00-18:00 - £25 Retainer and 18:00-06:00 - £25 Retainer
- Call out - £57.50 for the first 4.6 hours inclusive and £12.50 thereafter.
- £12.50 per hour for training/supervision/appraisals
- Self referral calls (per client per shift) £30
- Only for business mileage outside commuting to and from place of work will be paid at 25ppm
Other Benefits as a Flexi Crisis Worker:
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Full Driving Licence and Access to own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Competent Computer Skills
- Experience of working with victims of sexual assault.
- Relevant qualification in supporting victims of sexual abuse and/or physical abuse.
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the
Please Note: If you are successful at interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
Jobs that might be of interest:Administrator
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Administrator
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - Royal National Orthpaedic Hospital
Location: HA7 4LP
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - Lewisham
Location: SE13 6LH, Lewisham
Apply now Bank Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - QEH Woolwich LONDON
Location: SE18 4QH