Crisis Worker £12.50
Crisis WorkerLocation: | Salary: £12.50 | Posted: 8 Jan 2021 | Closes: 29 Jan 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9512
Crisis Worker, West Midlands, WS2 9SR
Salary: £20 retainer for 12hour shift, £12.50 per hour for call outs with a minimum of 4 hour pay, £12.50 per hour after this + mileage
Shifts: 12 hour shift cover 6am to 6pm, 6pmto 6am (must be able to commit to at least 4 shifts per month)
Job Spec: To provide the highest level of advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service.
About our Site:
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
Benefits as a Crisis Worker:
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Full Driving Licence and Access to own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Competent Computer Skills
- Experience of working with victims of sexual assault.
- Relevant qualification in supporting victims of sexual abuse and/or physical abuse.
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.