Crisis Worker - The Bridgeway SARC Penrith, Cumbria £20 retainer for 12 hour shift
Crisis Worker - The Bridgeway SARCLocation: Penrith, Cumbria | Salary: £20 retainer for 12 hour shift | Posted: 24 Oct 2018 | Closes: 19 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7195
Location: The Bridgeway SARC, Cumbria - CA11 8JA
Various shifts from 7am to 7pm and 7pm to 7am
- £20 retainer for 12 hour shift
- £30 per telephone case
- £50 examination case
We now have opportunities to join us at The Bridgeway SARC as a Crisis Worker.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
The successful candidate will need to be able to get to The Bridgeway SARC within 45 minutes of being called.
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service
- To arrive at the SARC within the timeframe stipulated in the contract or at an agreed appointment time.
- To offer a welcoming environment to all service users and visitors upon their arrival at the SARC
- To provide advocacy service to all SARC clients
- To provide sensitive and non–judgmental support, enabling the service user to regain control and self-esteem.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising and providing support to each other
- To offer telephone support to SARC clients
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To produce clear record keeping/documentation and ensure it’s secure storage as per SARC policy.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines at all times.
- To assess, offer and gain consent from the client for any onward referrals.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- Undertake the Crisis Worker role at any location outside the SARC in order to meet service needs if required, eg Hospital, Prison, Care Home.
- To document clearly any safeguarding concerns, complete any relevant risk assessments and liaise with the Sexual Offence Examiner, police officer and SARC office team.
- To feedback any issues or clinical incidents to the SARC Manager
- To maintain a SARC training matrix by attending peer supervision, appraisals, undertaking reflective practice and completing mandatory training.
- To provide availability for a 24/7 on-call rota shift pattern.
- To adhere Policies and Procedures produced by G4S FMS and the SARC
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Carry out any reasonable request from your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous Experience of working with vulnerable clients.
- Excellent Communication Skills both written and oral.
- Driving license and access to own vehicle.
- Ablility to work effectively under pressure.
- Safeguarding skills and knowledge.
- An understanding of Confidentiality and Information Governance.
- Enhanced DBS and Police Vetting
- Previous role working with victims of sexual assault
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
Jobs that might be of interest:Male SARC Crisis Worker / Engagement Officer
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Nurse
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Doctor
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)