Crisis Worker - The Bridgeway SARC Penrith, Cumbria Shift Rates
Crisis Worker - The Bridgeway SARCLocation: Penrith, Cumbria | Salary: Shift Rates | Posted: 22 Mar 2019 | Closes: 19 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Fixed & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7709
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
We are looking for Crisis Workers to join our team at The Bridgeway SARC, Penrith, Cumbria.
Benefits as a Crisis Worker:
- The rates of pay are £20 Retainer per 12 hour shift, £30 per telephone case and £50 per examination case.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Shifts: The hours of work are Flexi between 07:00 – 19:00 or 19:00 – 07:00
To provide the highest level of on-call advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service.
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service.
- To arrive at the SARC within 60 minutes in the event of a call-out.
- To offer a welcoming environment to all service users and visitors upon their arrival at the SARC.
- Provide sensitive, non–judgmental support, enabling the service user to regain control and selfesteem.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising and providing support to each other.
- To offer telephone support to SARC clients.
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To produce clear record keeping/documentation and ensure it’s secure storage as per SARC policy.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework ensuring all staff / patients receive equal treatment at all times.
- Understands all company policies and procedures, delivers contractual obligations, quality audits and compliance to areas of responsibilities.
- To assess, offer and gain consent from the client for any onward referrals.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- Undertake the Crisis Worker role at any location outside the SARC in order to meet service needs if required, erg Hospital, Prison, Care Home.
- To document clearly any safeguarding concerns, complete any relevant risk assessments and liaise with the Sexual Offence Examiner, Police Officer and SARC office team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Full Driving Licence and Access to own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Competent Computer Skills.
- Recent NHS experience.
- Experience of working with victims of sexual assault.
- Relevant qualification in supporting victims of sexual abuse and/or physical abuse.
- Forensic Awareness.
- Multi-Agency Working.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Doctor
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Chief Pharmacist