Credit Controller Sutton £24,212.16 + £2,787.84 = £27,000.00
Credit ControllerLocation: Sutton | Salary: £24,212.16 + £2,787.84 = £27,000.00 | Posted: 24 May 2022 | Closes: 1 Jun 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7501
Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme - We Care; 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today's world. Allied Universal is There for you. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
The Ideal Candidate:
Main Purpose of Job
To ensure the timely collection of due date payments from G4S Cash Solutions customers, as well as managing the full process of query resolution throughout the organisation. To provide professional updates to the customer throughout query investigation. To compliantly follow company policy and processes in order to maximise cash flow and mitigate the risk of bad debt.
- Maintaining regular contact with clients and chasing all overdue invoices by dunning letter, telephone calls, statement and by email. All written and verbal contact should be courteous and professional.
- Update SAP with action notes, as well as AR reports where required.
- To take ownership of customer contact, requests and queries ensuring that they are dealt with through to a successful and timely outcome.
- Management of individual workload according to agreed objectives and SLA’s.
- The ability to respond to customers and stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Uses initiative to deal with new, unfamiliar queries.
- To prioritise duties to meet monthly cash and quarterly debt targets.
- Resolve & investigate queries by creating and maintaining a Salesforce case, through to raising credit requests.
- Undertake account reconciliations, obtain remittances for unallocated cash and credits, unravel mispostings, action debit notes.
- Provide copy invoices and other requested documents.
- Update cash forecast and other AR reports as directed.
- To follow company policy, procedures and escalation guidelines.
- Carry out ad hoc projects or tasks as required by the business.
The Ideal Candidate
- Credit Control or Customer Service experience.
- Tenacity and energetic, focused on achieving results. Can-do attitude.
- Collaborative team player - To be able to work within a team, to deliver on-going business improvement projects set out by the Management Team
- Numerate. Attention to detail.
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Basic to intermediate Microsoft Suite user.
- Competent user of ERP (SAP), CRM (Salesforce) and billing systems.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 5 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
- An SIA licence would be beneficial.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and We Care: 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual well-being.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.
Jobs that might be of interest:Billing Systems Administrator
Location: Chancery, Sutton
Apply now Helpdesk Advisor (Accounts Receivable)
Apply now Strategic Credit Controller
Apply now Procurement Administrator
Apply now Assistant Accountant