Credit Controller Sutton, Surrey £22,000 - £26,000
Credit ControllerLocation: Sutton, Surrey | Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 | Posted: 18 Jan 2022 | Closes: 31 Jan 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7313
Up to £26,000, 25 days Annual Leave, Pension Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Training and Development Opportunities (inc Apprenticeships in England)
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Main Purpose of Job
The Credit Controller is responsible for the timely collection of due date payments from G4S Cash Solutions customers, as well as managing the full process of query resolution throughout the organization. To compliantly follow company policy and processes in order to maximize cash flow and mitigate the risk of bad debt.
- Maintaining regular contact with clients and chasing all overdue invoices by dunning letters, telephone calls, statements and by emails. All written and verbal contact should be courteous and professional.
- Update SAP with action notes, as well as AR reports where required.
- To prioritise duties to meet monthly cash and quarterly debt targets.
- Resolve & investigate queries by creating and maintaining a Salesforce case, through to raising credit requests. Undertake account reconciliations, obtain remittances for unallocated cash and credits, and unravel mispostings.
- Matching transactions daily by submitting forms to FSSC.
- Provide copy invoices and other requested documents.
- Update cash forecast and other AR reports as directed.
- To follow company policy, procedures and escalation guidelines.
- Carry out ad hoc projects or tasks as required by the business.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Credit Control experience.
- Tenacity and energetic, focused on achieving results. Can-do attitude.
- Collaborative team player. Proactive and adaptable.
- Numerate. Attention to detail.
- Effective decision-maker and problem solver.
- Negotiating and influencing skills.
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines with the minimum of supervision.
- Basic to intermediate Microsoft Suite or G Suite user.
- Competent user of ERP (SAP), CRM (Salesforce) and billing systems.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 5-year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport-style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
- An SIA licence would be beneficial.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and We Care: 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual well-being.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.
Jobs that might be of interest:Commercial Assistant
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF
Apply now Service Desk and Field Engineer
Location: Centurion Pretoria
Apply now Service Desk Analyst
Location: Centurion Pretoria
Apply now Settlements Administrator: G4S Deposita South Africa