Credit Controller - Aged Debt Recovery, Accounts Receivable UK £21,500
Credit Controller - Aged Debt Recovery, Accounts ReceivableLocation: UK | Salary: £21,500 | Posted: 23 Sep 2021 | Closes: 6 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2190
25 days holiday, plus bank holidays. Contributory pension scheme. Life assurance. Free parking. Study support. Perks at work scheme. Gympass fitness and wellbeing. Employee discounts schemes (Del & Vodafone).
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent, full-time Credit Controller, dealing specifically with aged debt recovery. The successful candidate would join our Shared Service Centre team at our Regional Office in Worksop. If successful you would provide first-line support between G4S and the 3rd party debt collection agency. In addition, you must be able to effectively manage your own workload, and be a confident communicator both verbally and in writing. You must also have the ability to establish and maintain good customer relationships both internally and externally, at all levels. As Credit Controller for aged debt you will be expected to ensure that G4S outstanding debt is minimised and all issues are dealt with in an accurate and timely manner whilst liaising with the Credit Control Team leader. Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. We offer a competitive salary of £21,500 per annum, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, Perks at work scheme, Gympass fitness and wellbeing, HSF Health plan scheme, employee discount schemes and free onsite parking. On completion of a successful probation period, this role also offers study support to assist your personal development if you are keen to pursue a career within finance.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Review of 90+ debt with a view to referral to a 3rd party Collection Company or G4S Legal.
- Creation of monthly debt referral files & upload to 3rd party portal/s.
- Update notes in all relevant systems.
- Provide regular updates on debt calls for accounts that are with a 3rd party.
- Instruction of legal/enforcement action with solicitors.
- Instruct closures with 3rd party.
- Completion of witness statements for solicitors as requested.
- Liaising with solicitors & BU on any ad-hoc queries.
- Completion of Insolvency paperwork.
- Be the first point of contact within the team for any pre-legal/legal issues.
- Deliver ongoing training and support.
- Look for process improvement opportunities for FSSC AR service delivery.
- Close liaison with the collections team members regarding any queries.
- Identify and escalate issues and any incidents.
- Any other adhoc tasks as required.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
G4S will consider its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and whether or not, in the circumstances of any protected characteristic under that legislation, any exemption or variation to the vaccination policy should be exceptionally applied.
The Ideal Candidate:
Experience and Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Listening skills.
- Ability to work in a team – cooperation with others to gain results.
- Time management skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Demonstrate a strong focus on attention to detail.
- An understanding of SAP/ORACLE and/or other Finance systems.
- Previous experience of working in a busy environment and working to tight deadlines
- Previous experience of advanced debt recovery eg legal policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Striving for excellence in every task.
- Demonstrates eagerness to learn and progress in role.
- Driven attitude.
- Maintains a professional image at all times.
- Contributes to a team working environment within own team and in support of other departments.
- Values diversity and shows commitment to equality of opportunity.
- Values Health and Safety and shows a commitment to ensuring a safe working environment.
Jobs that might be of interest:Billing Support Specialist (24 hours part-time)
Apply now Contract Accounting Manager (General Ledger)
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire and some UK Travel
Apply now Trainee Payroll and Pensions Administrator
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Apply now Company Accountant
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF
Apply now Commercial Assistant (General Ledger)
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF