Credit Controller - Accounts Receivable UK £21,500
Credit Controller - Accounts ReceivableLocation: UK | Salary: £21,500 | Posted: 23 Sep 2021 | Closes: 6 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2189
25 days holiday, plus bank holidays. Contributory pension scheme. Life assurance. Free parking. Study support. Perks at work scheme. Gympass fitness and wellbeing. Employee discounts schemes (Del & Vodafone).
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent, full-time Credit Controller to join the successful team in our Shared Service Centre. You must be able to effectively manage your own workload, and be a confident communicator both verbally and in writing. You must also have the ability to establish and maintain good customer relationships both internally and externally, at all levels. As Credit Controller you will be expected to ensure that G4S outstanding debt is minimised and risks are identified, escalated and resolved in a timely manner. Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. We offer a competitive salary of £21,500 per annum, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, Perks at work scheme, Gympass fitness and wellbeing, HSF Health plan scheme, employee discount schemes and free onsite parking. On completion of a successful probation period, this role also offers study support to assist your personal development if you are keen to pursue a career within finance.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Chasing customer payments in line with G4S payment terms to minimise bad debt
- Handling of all tier 2 interactions received into Credit Control ensuring all requests are completed and successfully resolved within the agreed service level.
- Look for process improvement opportunity for Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC) service delivery
- Work to daily outbound phone targets set by team leader
- Work to individual and Business Unit Overdue Debt reduction targets and Cash Collection
- Work on customer disputes to help minimise outstanding G4S debt and escalate to the appropriate Business owners
- Creating and categorising outbound service requests.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
G4S will consider its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and whether or not, in the circumstances of any protected characteristic under that legislation, any exemption or variation to the vaccination policy should be exceptionally applied.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Team work
- Build Relationships
- Plan for tomorrow
- Deliver Today
Skills and Knowledge
- Experienced in using MS Excel & MS Word
- Numerate and literate
- Experience of working with customers to resolve queries and issues
- Experience of working in a busy Customer service/Finance environment
- Experience of managing multiple customer accounts to effectively minimise outstanding debt
- Experience of a target driven environment with a larger volume of phone based activity
- Excellent verbal communication must be able to effectively communicate G4S policy when dealing with the recovery of outstanding debt.
- Team Player must be willing to help and support colleagues
- Should possess the drive to deliver a high quality service to help promote the Financial Shared Service Centre
- Experience of using Oracle/Exchequer/Navision would be desirable
Jobs that might be of interest:Billing Support Specialist - Accounts Receivable
Apply now Service Desk Analyst
Location: Centurion Pretoria
Apply now Service Desk and Field Engineer
Location: Centurion Pretoria
Apply now Settlements Team Leader
Apply now Settlements Administrator: G4S Deposita South Africa