Creative Media Instructor BRIDGEND £24,498.63
Creative Media InstructorLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £24,498.63 | Posted: 13 Jul 2021 | Closes: 27 Jul 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10194
Creative Media Instructor
G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Parc, Bridgend, CF35 6AP
Salary £24,498.63 per annum
Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Custody and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP & YOI Parc accommodates 1038 convicted male adult prisoners and remand/ convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
We now have an opportunity for a Creative Media Instructor to join our team at HMP Parc.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the above post to instruct, train, assess and supervise prisoners within the Creative Media Team focussing on pre and post production (filming and editing). As an integral part of the team you will also work closely with the Radio provision and Media Communication Specialist in order to assist with internal projects with the aim to delegate and support individuals within this peer led team to successfully complete projects. It is essential that the delivery of the course meets the standards and expectations of the relevant awarding body, ensuring prisoners develop their practical and employability skills to help them find sustainable employment upon release and support the reduction of re-offending.
The successful applicant should have experience of and an interest in a variety of creative media disciplines and processes, technology and software including (but not limited to) idea generation, storyboarding, storytelling, video editing, camera & film work. They should possess the ability to instruct others on using the relevant software and equipment, and have a good working knowledge and experience of up to date hardware and associated software packages.
- Inducting, training and supervising prisoners for filming work including green screen
- Develop and deliver high quality media training to learners and assess them, ensuring all aspects of the course meet the standards required by the awarding body.
- Liaise with your line manager and relevant admin team to ensure that all course paperwork has been completed correctly and that any matters arising are dealt with swiftly and at no disruption to the delivery of the course.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order and well maintained
- Prepare equipment and working area as and when required and/or observe and guide those who require induction training to complete these tasks
- To take responsibility for the management of the studio, paying particular regard to the security of tools, including computer equipment and curriculum equipment as appropriate and use the correct procedures for tool cabinets, tally systems, tool allocation, disposal and inventories.
- Maintain the security of your work location at all times, reporting any concerns immediately to your line manager and the Security Department.
- To perform and implement appropriate Health & Safety policies and checks including risk assessments
- Maintain communication with all other relevant service providers across the prison
- Respond to learners queries via internal systems or face to face.
- To attend meetings of education and other working groups, as appropriate.
- To develop a network of positive relationships and close collaboration with parallel services within HMP & YOI Parc.
- You will be expected to update your skills on a regular basis and participate in staff development activities.
- To undertake other reasonable duties from time to time, as required by the Head of Learning and Skills.
- To undertake all administrative duties related to the monitoring and review systems of the learning skills programme and the prison regime.
- To assist students in reaching their long term aims, employability, career progression, further education and training and / or to live as independently as possible.
- Carry out student questionnaires and elicit feedback on the quality of training and learning.
- The ability to relate and motivate students from a variety of backgrounds and employ effective training strategies.
- Service and undertake minor maintenance of equipment
The Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant professional experience and/ or subject specific qualification
- Experience or an interest in work-based learning
- Knowledge of Media Production including equipment and editing packages
- Experience of setting up equipment for video, audio and basic green screen environment
- Ability to problem solve with media equipment and project delivery
- Excellent communications skills and organised in managing daily tasks and scheduling a team/projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages
- Experience of working in a busy pressured environment
- Must be able to work as part of a team but also on own initiative.
- Good typing/word processing skills
- The ability to demonstrate and train others in the use of appropriate equipment and software
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly across the establishment
- Direction and/or interview experience for video production
- Previous knowledge of education, industry and/or the custodial environment
- Training, Instructor and or Teaching Qualification i.e. ET01/PTLLS/EAT Level 3, PGCE or willingness to work towards
- Experience in a supervisory capacity
- Ability to deliver relevant tasks in line with expectations
- Knowledge of Health and Safety issues in relation to working within a studio, on location and with relevant equipment
- Ability to speak Welsh
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
We encourage applications from Welsh speaking candidates.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Digital Content Creator
Apply now Prison Offender Manager
Apply now Operational Support Grade (OSG)
Apply now Technician - Electrical
Apply now Weekend Play Area Support Worker