Court Security Officer Newry, United Kingdom 9.50 hourly
Court Security OfficerLocation: Newry, United Kingdom | Salary: 9.50 hourly | Posted: 5 May 2022 | Closes: 6 Jun 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: T220000LC
Do you consider yourself to be a people person? Does building rapport with others come naturally to you?
Developing instant yet valuable relationships are vital to our daily working lives, however many of us don’t know how to best use these skills when it comes to our own career goals.
Does that sound like you?
If so, then have you considered a career as a court security officer? A career that offers you flexibility, variety, full training and a recognised qualification at no initial cost to you?
Sounds good doesn’t it?
As a Court Security Officer for G4S, variety is guaranteed. Your location and job activities will regularly change which means no two days are ever the same.
You’ll ensure the safety of our customers and clients and no matter where you are based, we will train and support you every step of the way.
We are looking for Newry court security officers to join us on a full-time basis.
Am I suited to being a Court Security Officer?
Previous experience in security is not a must, but if you're already working in the industry, or have before, we welcome you to join our team. We know you'll get off to a flying start!
A typical week will involve visiting a range of sites within your area; ensuring the safety of our customers' staff, their buildings and assets, whilst providing excellent customer service with a smile. Other elements of the role will include:
- Interacting with some of the most senior and influential stakeholders in the country such as Chief Justice, Judges, PSNI, NSPCC & Legal Professionals
- Security Officers are under the Enabling Legislation under Justice Act, so are able to stop, search and restrain anyone within the Courts if deemed necessary.
- Learning & developing a very broad range of security knowledge by working in the control room, floor walking, carrying evidence needed for trials, responding to security breaches, vehicle and pedestrian access control, x-ray and baggage searching, body searching and much more
- Working industry friendly shift patterns in a great team environment
Join G4S and you can enjoy real career progression with a large international company - as the world’s leading provider of security solutions, we offer loads of training and support. You’ll be in safe hands from our induction and on-site training to regular reviews and welfare checks with our managers.
The Ideal Candidate
If you are aged 18 or over and are a confident communicator who is a team player with the drive to provide a friendly and professional service all times, then this could be the career for you!
A good understanding of IT is required and as mentioned before, whilst it would be a benefit to have some previous security experience together with your SIA licence, it’s not essential.
We provide full SIA (Security Industry Authority) licence training to help you on your way to a career in security.
Our contractual requirements mean that you will generally be working a Monday to Friday shift pattern, working day shifts. However, we may ask for some flexibility dependent on business need.
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year, 8 of these will be in lieu of bank holidays (worked or not worked)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Great 4 Savings Employee Discount Scheme
- Progression, training and development opportunities
Jobs that might be of interest: