Courier - Multi Drop Liverpool £9.81 in first 6 months, rising to £10.11 after 12 months
Courier - Multi DropLocation: Liverpool | Salary: £9.81 in first 6 months, rising to £10.11 after 12 months | Posted: 5 Aug 2022 | Closes: 3 Sep 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7605
Paid overtime, Up To 5 weeks paid holiday, sickness pay, free company uniform and PPE, pension, employee assistance and life assurance schemes and full training.
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today's world. Allied Universal is There for you.
Main Purpose of Job
We currently have a number of opportunities for Courier - Multi Drop to join our team and be a part of our continued success. As a Courier you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be to drive a car-sized, easily manoeuvrable vehicle to collect and deliver small quantities of cash to and from our customers. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre secure storage. As a G4S Delivery Driver in our cash transportation team, you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be to deliver and collect cash to and from customer premises and you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures designed to ensure that our service remains superior, and that our customer requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
The Ideal Candidate:
As a Courier - Multi Drop, you will complete daily work tasks within customer’s contractual agreements and discretely collect or deliver customer’s cash to and from their premises. Collected cash will then be carried back to your vehicle. You must have vigilance, concentration and common sense as well as the ability to build strong relationships with our customers. Our Couriers must:
- To safely drive a small vehicle on all roads including pedestrianised areas
- Deal confidently and safely with situations that may arise on the pavement when carrying cash and valuables
- Comply with UK Domestic Drivers hours legislation
- Collect and deliver cash (including bags of coin) to and from our small and medium sized customers and safely carry collected cash back to the vehicle. Making one trip across the pavement at each customer.
- To maintain a discrete professional profile when collecting the customer’s cash so as not to attract any undue attention
- Follow our closely defined mandatory procedures at all times
- Maintain a valid Cash and Valuables in Transit SIA licence (provided by the Company)
- Be aware of the needs of our small and medium sized customers and strive to meet them every time
- Build strong customer relationships with the many customers you visit
- To learn how to operate our track and trace hand-held computers
- When appropriate take steps to protect both yourself and our customers’ cash
- Maintain the highest standards of security to minimize the risk of theft
- Proactively learn from the experience of others
- Work with your colleagues in achieving objectives
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
So what makes a successful Courier?
To succeed as a G4S Courier, you will need to hold a valid driver’s licence (with no more than 6 penalty points). You will need to be confident in communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English and an appropriate level of numeracy is also very important. You will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions and be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience in a driving role would be extremely beneficial, as would experience using IT and computer systems.
- Finally, you must be continuously focused on providing a top notch service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
- An SIA licence would be beneficial.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, paid overtime, pension scheme, life assurance, health checks, free uniform and We Care; 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
You’ll need to provide 10-year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure warehouse environment.
An SIA licence would be beneficial.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you to progress as a key member of our world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, paid overtime, pension scheme, life assurance, employee assistance, health checks, free uniform, as well as We Care - 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing.
*The hourly rate of pay is £9.81 in the first 6 months, rising to £9.91 and rising to £10.11 after 12 months. Currently overtime opportunities are available to enhance earning potential but overtime is not guaranteed. The above quoted salary is based on a 48 hour working week. If you work less hours than this, then your earnings would inevitably be less, and your actual earnings will be dependent on your hourly rate, the number of hours that you work, and your offer letter and terms and conditions of employment.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application. OR Apply now by sending your CV to Leigh.Seddon@uk.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Delivery Driver (Full Time)
Apply now Cash Processor - Full Time
Location: Swinton, Manchnester
Apply now G4S Graduate Manager (Future Leaders Programme)
Apply now Courier - Multi Drop
Location: Rotherham. South Yorkshire
Apply now Security Officer