Courier - Multi Drop Rotherham. South Yorkshire £9.09 in first 6 months, rising to £9.39 after 1 year
Courier - Multi DropLocation: Rotherham. South Yorkshire | Salary: £9.09 in first 6 months, rising to £9.39 after 1 year | Posted: 11 Oct 2021 | Closes: 31 Dec 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7210
Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Bank Holiday payment (if worked), Up to 5 Week's Holiday, SIA Licence
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Main Purpose of Job
We currently have a number of opportunities for Couriers to join our team and be a part of our continued success. As a Courier you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be to drive a car-sized, easily manoeuvrable vehicle to collect and deliver small quantities of cash to and from our customers. You will complete daily work tasks within customer’s contractual agreements and discretely collect or deliver customer’s cash to and from their premises. Collected cash will then be carried back to your vehicle. It’s a role that requires a B category Driving Licence plus you must have vigilance, concentration and common sense as well as the ability to build strong relationships with our customers. You will also need to work within the company procedural guidelines to ensure a high quality of service is consistently maintained with optimum efficiency. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- To safely drive a small vehicle on all roads including pedestrianised areas
- Deal confidently and safely with situations that may arise on the pavement when carrying cash and valuables
- Comply with UK Domestic Drivers hours legislation
- Collect and deliver cash (including bags of coin) to and from our small and medium sized customers and safely carry collected cash back to the vehicle. Making one trip across the pavement at each customer.
- To maintain a discrete professional profile when collecting the customer’s cash so as not to attract any undue attention
- Follow our closely defined mandatory procedures at all times
- Maintain a valid Cash and Valuables in Transit SIA licence (provided by the Company)
- Be aware of the needs of our small and medium sized customers and strive to meet them every time
- Build strong customer relationships with the many customers you visit
- To learn how to operate our track and trace hand-held computers
- When appropriate take steps to protect both yourself and our customers’ cash
- Maintain the highest standards of security to minimize the risk of theft
- Proactively learn from the experience of others
- Work with your colleagues in achieving objectives
The Ideal Candidate:
Hold a current full B class driving licence
Hold a driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
Able to undergo and then apply personal protection training which educates you on how to protect both yourself and our customers’ cash
Ability to follow laid down instructions
Ability to work to deadlines
Flexible and helpful
Focused on delivery of customer service
Checkable 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history
Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues in English
Must be able to pass a personal credit check, identity check and criminal records check
Previous experience in a driving role
Previous experience dealing with challenging members of the public
Effective communication skills at all levels
Basic IT competence
Able to work as part of a team player
Hold an SIA licence
This role will be subject to screening including but not limited to a criminal record check, credit check and 10 year background check. In addition, this role will be subject to a medical review which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
Pay starts at £9.09 for first 6 months, rising to £9.19 after 6 months, rising to £9.39 after 1 year
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.
Jobs that might be of interest:Driver - Cash Transportation
Apply now Security Officer - Vaults
Apply now Branch Security Officer
Apply now Driver - Cash Transportation
Apply now Security Officer -Vaults (Nights)