Courier- Liverpool Liverpool £8.77 per hour increasing to £8.87 after probation and then increasing again to £9.07 after 12 months service
Courier- LiverpoolLocation: Liverpool | Salary: £8.77 per hour increasing to £8.87 after probation and then increasing again to £9.07 after 12 months service | Posted: 30 Jan 2019 | Closes: 31 Dec 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/5679
As a multi drop courier for G4S Cash Solutions you’ll be working in a car sized, easily manoeuvrable vehicle collecting and delivering small quantities of cash to and from our customers.
During your typical day you will drop/pick up small quantities of customer’s monies (including coin). The length of your journey can vary across short and medium distances and you will be utilised around a wide range of routes across the area.
Main Purpose of Job
With our extensive history, here at G4S Cash Solutions, we know a thing or two about security and keeping money safe. We handle the majority of the cash that goes through the UK’s banks, and a third of the UK's total cash spend. From family florists to national coffee chains, we collect cash for over 4,500 businesses of every size in the UK. This makes us the largest cash collection organisation in the country. Our success as a business is a result of our service and expertise. Our service and expertise is driven by our people. Here at G4S Cash Solutions, we are dedicated to recruiting the Best People and that all starts right here with You.
We currently have a number of opportunities for Couriers to join our team and be a part of our continued success. As a Courier you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be to drive a car-sized, easily manoeuvrable vehicle to collect and deliver small quantities of cash to and from our customers. You will complete daily work tasks within customer’s contractual agreements and discretely collect or deliver customer’s cash to and from their premises. Collected cash will then be carried back to your vehicle. It’s a role that requires a B category Driving Licence plus you must have vigilance, concentration and common sense as well as the ability to build strong relationships with our customers. You will also need to work within the company procedural guidelines to ensure a high quality of service is consistently maintained with optimum efficiency. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- To safely drive a small vehicle on all roads including pedestrianised areas
- Deal confidently and safely with situations that may arise on the pavement when carrying cash and valuables
- Comply with UK Domestic Drivers hours legislation
- Collect and deliver cash (including bags of coin) to and from our small and medium sized customers and safely carry collected cash back to the vehicle. Making one trip across the pavement at each customer.
- To maintain a discrete professional profile when collecting the customer’s cash so as not to attract any undue attention
- Follow our closely defined mandatory procedures at all times
- Maintain a valid Cash and Valuables in Transit SIA licence (provided by the Company)
- Be aware of the needs of our small and medium sized customers and strive to meet them every time
- Build strong customer relationships with the many customers you visit
- To learn how to operate our track and trace hand-held computers
- When appropriate take steps to protect both yourself and our customers’ cash
- Maintain the highest standards of security to minimize the risk of theft
- Proactively learn from the experience of others
- Work with your colleagues in achieving objectives
The Ideal Candidate:
- Hold a current full B class driving licence
- Hold a driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
- Able to undergo and then apply personal protection training which educates you on how to protect both yourself and our customers’ cash
- Ability to follow laid down instructions
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Flexible and helpful
- Focused on delivery of customer service
- Checkable 5 year employment/unemployment/educational history
- Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues in English
- Must be able to pass a personal credit check, identity check and criminal records check
- Previous experience in a driving role
- Previous experience dealing with challenging members of the public
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Basic IT competence
- Able to work as part of a team player
- Security conscious
- Hold an SIA licence
If you enjoy driving/working on your own, and confident in dealing with people, as we strive to achieve 100% customer satisfaction, and are happy to be flexible working variable shifts, then being a G4S Cash Solutions courier may be just the opportunity for you.
Training with us gives you everything you need to get on the road, with access to the full range of theory and practical training and tests needed at our residential training – it even includes your full Driver CPC Qualification (DQC).
The entry requirement for a G4S driving role is a full car licence and if you haven’t got the licence(s) you need, we can provide you with the training required to enable you to become a key member of a team – which may include C1 and HGV licence.