Cost Accountant – Head Office, Dar es SalaamLocation: Dar es Salaam | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 2 Jan 2019 | Closes: 31 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/4279744/139507
The review and analysis of labour costs from actual operational trading and for prospective clients and calculating of costing for tenders and national quotes
Quotations & costings
- Gathering all necessary information regarding a costing
- Understanding the requirement and confirming with Ops that this is achievable
- Completing the necessary costing template
- Assisting with regional daily quotes for current customers
- Ad hoc sundry quotes
- Updating regional information database
- Calculate sundry ad hoc rates annually
- Compiling monthly profitability’s per site
- Assisting with analysing and investigating any anomalies
- Distributing profitability’s to Ops
- Improvement action plan and the tracking thereof
- Comparing actual profitability with budgeted and optimal GM%
- Updating ‘live’ wage models to always be able to compare optimal wages with budget & actual
- Assisting with PI calculations
- Comparing PI calculation with actual profitability
- Drafting final PI letter to be sent to customer
- Updating regional PI tracker
- Following up with Ops on outstanding PI’s
Commercial customer files
- Create, update and manage customer files with contracts, contract schedules, important correspondence, costings, quotations, etc.
- Update and maintain regional data bases
- Update contract schedules for FM approval
Assisting with month ends
- Overall assistance if necessary
- Uploading financial packs
Assist with budget and forecast process
- Compare budgeted/forecasted results to actual or expected results in order to identify inaccuracies
- Assistance with bid costing & mobilization cost tracking
- Assistance with business plans and models
The Ideal Candidate:
Minimum qualification & Experience
- Minimum B. Com degree
- 2 to 5 Years management and/or cost accounting experience would be deemed suitable for the level of the position
- Knowledge of Financial principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial controls and audit standards
- Knowledge of how to perform reconciliations
- Knowledge and/or understanding of different costing principles
- MS Office Computer skills (Excel Advanced)
- Analytical skills
- Working with complexity
- Planning and Coordination
- Managing conflict
- Delivering efficiency
- Delivering performance
- Managing professionally
- Time management
- Awareness of the market environment
- Acting professionally
- Driving change
- Leading people
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and coo-operating
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries and sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and more than 620, 000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit www.g4s.com.
G4S operates in over 26 countries in Africa and employs over 120 000 people on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavor to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Safety First - We prioritise safety management to protect the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and those around us.
- Performance - We seek to improve performance year-on-year to create long-term sustainability.
- Integrity - We can always be trusted to do the right thing.
- Best People - We employ the best people, develop their competence, provide opportunity and inspire them to live our values.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - We collaborate for the benefit of our customers and G4S.
- Expertise - We develop and demonstrate our expertise through our innovative approach to creating and delivering the right solutions.
- Customer Focus - We have close, open relationships with our customers which generate trust and we work in partnership for the mutual benefit of our organisations.
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.
Jobs that might be of interest:Receptionist
Location: United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Apply now Receptionist
Location: United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Apply now Front of House Support Services Assistant
Apply now Call Taker
Apply now Town Enquiry Officer - Grantham