Contracts SpecialistLocation: Sutton, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 50000 | Posted: 31 May 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 285
About the Role
In this role you will be working as part of the legal team and will be responsible for managing your own caseload of reviewing contracts, advising on legal aspects of such contracts to the operations and sales team and preparing agreed contracts for signature including the completion of contract report summaries.
- Reviewing, drafting, redrafting and/or negotiating; customer proposed changes to G4S Standard terms and conditions
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Variations to contract;
- Contracts based on standard terms and conditions or pre-agreed customer terms;
- Contracts based on customer terms and conditions
- Provide advice on and possible solutions (by considering mitigating factors) to the business of any potential commercial and legal risks associated with the customer proposed changes or customer terms and conditions;
- Provide assistance in ensuring the company has the proper contractual relationships in place for all of the business that it performs.
- Ensure that relevant internal approvals are obtained through the correct channels and processes.
- If required provide advice and guidance to the business as to G4S rights and obligations under the terms of existing contracts.
- Providing assistance with ad hoc legal projects
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years experience in a similar role
- Legally qualified with an LPC or other law related qualifications (e.g. CILEX) as minimum
- Knowledge and understanding of contract and commercial law
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to interpret contractual provisions and assess legal risks
- Ability to negotiate contractual terms with lawyers and/or non-lawyers to agree terms which are mutually satisfactory
- Salary of up to £50,000 per annum
- Remote Working Opportunities
- 25 days Annual leave
- Pension / Life Assurance
- Perks at Work Scheme
Jobs that might be of interest: