Contracts/Site Manager: Secure Solutions South Africa Gauteng Market related
Contracts/Site Manager: Secure Solutions South AfricaLocation: Gauteng | Salary: Market related | Posted: 14 Sep 2021 | Closes: 15 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/CM/WJ/SG
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated security management solutions, has a vacancy for a Contracts / Site Manager based at our operations in Gauteng
Reporting to the General Manager the successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which the Contracts / Site Manager plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Effective management of the contract's financial performance
- Gross Margin Management
- Existing Revenue Growth
- Manage the contract's cash flow
Effective management of employees within the contract
- Effective Organization
- Ensuring that performance assessments of all subordinate employees are conducted, and corrective action implemented where necessary.
- Ensuring that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
Effective management of operations
- Client retention and customer service levels;
- Ops Process management – adherence to relevant standards
Effective management of business development function
- New business development
- Competitor evaluations
Implementation and integration of the HSSEC strategy and culture on site
- Embed health and safety awareness and responsible behavior with operational team, through consistent focus on health and safety compliance and discipline.
- Drive health and safety awareness down to guard force level through communication, enforcement of guidelines and principles, reporting, and training.
- Continous drive to achieve zero harm within the business.
- Monitor and reduce the number of health and safety incidents. Oversee investigations into incidents and related matters, both to address non-compliance and to reinforce awareness.
- Conduct health and safety awareness training and lessons learned with employees on site
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Relevant Tertiary qualification and/or degree will be advantageous
- PSIRA Grade A
- Minimum 3 years experience in security management
- Computer Literacy
- Valid unendorsed Driver’s License
- Relevant working experience pertaining to investigations report writing
- Sound understanding of health and safety legislation
Skills and Attributes
- Managing Professionally
- Leading People
- Managing Conflict
- Basic financial skills
- Risk identification
- Driving change
- Attention to detail
- Delivering objectives
- Customer Thinking
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 90 countries and employ more than 540,000 employees, making us one of the world’s largest private employers.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Project Manager: Secure
Apply now High Profile Security Guard - Government Services Site
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Beamsville, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Norfolk County, ON