Contract Manager | G4S Secure Solutions | Durban Durban Market Related
Contract Manager | G4S Secure Solutions | DurbanLocation: Durban | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 25 May 2021 | Closes: 11 Jun 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Sub-Saharan Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/2711487/211379
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated security management solutions, has a vacancy for a Contract Manager based at our operations in Durban.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which a Contract Manager plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
The main purpose of the job is to report to the General Manager, the CM coordinates the provision of contractual and ad hoc security services to their dedicated customer, in compliance with legislation, Company policies and procedures, to ensure achievement of budgeted financial targets.
Effective management of the contract financial performance
- Initiate cost saving model and controls
- Gross Margin Management
- Direct Wage control / ER management
- Overheads control
- Contract profitability
- Existing Revenue Growth
- Escalations are achieved
- Manage the contracts cash flow.
Effective management staff within contract
- Effective Organisation
- Staff turnover analysis, proper allocation of staff to positions and structure.
- Effective labour management including rosters and shift patterns
- Management of overtime and annual leave
- Succession Planning and Employment Equity
- Ensuring that performance assessments of all subordinate employees are conducted, and corrective action implemented where necessary.
- Ensuring that acceptable standards of behaviour at work are maintained by all subordinate employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code.
- Ensuring that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
Effective management of operations
- Client retention and customer service levels
- Ensuring that site meetings are held on an ongoing basis.
- Conducting regular site visits to assess effectiveness of site procedure implementation, identifying training needs and procedural improvements.
- Ensuring that all required formal customer meeting are scheduled, attended and minuted.
- Maintenance of client relationship and ensuring client retention
- Ensuring that absenteeism is maintained within established norms.
- Ensuring that manpower is maintained at optimum levels, to minimise unnecessary overtime.
- Ensuring that only appropriately trained and NKP and PSIRA registered security personnel are utilized at all times.
- Ensuring that claims against the Company are prevented or minimized through regular customer risk assessments.
- Effective labour management and rostering
- Liaison with regards to invoicing, accuracy of such and securing payment
Effective management of business development function
New business development
- Identifying new business opportunities in the region’s sphere of operations, as well as in terms of growth of business with existing customers, driven by the promotion of integrated security solutions.
- Competitors Evaluation
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the competitor environment faced by the region.
Implementation and integration of the HSSEC strategy and culture on site
- Embed health and safety awareness and responsible behavior with operational team, through consistent focus on health and safety compliance and discipline.
- Highlight health and safety examples, both good and bad, to reinforce message and drive to achieve zero harm within our business.
- Monitor and reduce the number of health and safety incidents. Oversee investigations into incidents and related matters, both to address non-compliance and to reinforce awareness.
- Conduct health and safety awareness training and lessons learned with employees on site
The Ideal Candidate:
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- South African security legislation
- G4S Operational Policy and procedures
- G4S HR Policy and procedures
- Health and Safety legislation (OHS Act)
- NKP requirements
- Managing Professionally
- Leading People
- Managing Conflict
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Negotiation skills
- Computer literacy
- Basic financial skills
- Risk identification
- Driving change
- Attention to detail
- Delivering objectives
- Delivering strategy
- Customer Thinking
- Grade 12 Senior School Certificate or 3 Year Diploma in Security Management
- Valid Grade A PSIRA registration
- 10 Years experience in Private Security Operations (NKP will be advantageos)
- ISPS Awareness and PFSO (Port Facility Security Officer) Trained
- Knowledge of RSA Marine Operations
- Valid Fire Arm Competency with Business Purposes
- Valid Code EB Drivers License
- No criminal or credit record
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 90 countries and employ more than 540,000 employees, making us one of the world’s largest private employers.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
Jobs that might be of interest:High Profile Security Guard - Government Services Site
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Apply now Temporary Security Guard
Location: Fort Erie, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Jarvis, ON