Contract Coordinator BRIDGEND £23,670.70
Contract CoordinatorLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £23,670.70 | Posted: 4 Jan 2019 | Closes: 11 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7393
**INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY**
HMP Parc, Bridgend
£23,670.70 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for Contract Coordinator to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to actively manage and plan the escorts workload working with SPV and Colleagues to ensure allocation where required and communication with all relevant parties. Actively promote the importance of H&S and with all the escorts and sub contractors to ensure compliance. To support SDM and Soft Services manager in maintaining Statutory and H&S compliance, and to assist the wider G4S Prisons Estates and Facilities teams with H&S and compliance as required by Regional Manager.
- To supervise the team of escorts within the estates and facilities team, with responsibility for planning and authorising annual leave, and managing sickness absence
- To oversee the escorting calendar, liaising with facilities helpdesk team to allocate contractors and ensuring that all escorts are fully occupied
- Understand upcoming project requirements to determine escorting needs and health and safety requirements
- To attend meetings as required with G4S colleagues, external organizations and contractors and to communicate and advise all relevant people of operational impact due to project commencement.
- To carry out site inductions for site contractors
- To carry out H&S checks of project work being carried out on site as required
- Assist Estates and Facilities teams within G4S Prisons with H&S training, and collaborate with other sites regarding H&S requirements
- Operate within G4S Estates and Facilities procedures to escort contractors/visitors movements across the prison estate
- To undertake Deputy Responsible Person roles for elements of H&S within Estates and Facilities team.
- To complete clearly all associated paperwork required to meet the requirements of the laid out process.
- Assisting in the development of contractor control procedure routines, processes, risk assessments, and records.
- To carry out safety tours, safety inspections, accident reviews, and to report on near misses and hazards identified
- To work with the FM team to review sub-contractor compliance and maintain records within filing structure
- To undertake additional tasks to help support the team which could include fire door maintenance checks
- To be instrumental in identifying and arranging upskilling of escort operatives.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Leading a team
- Following policy and procedures
- The ability complete written reports and presentations
- The ability to communicate at all levels.
- To manage own workload and workload of team
- IOSHH Managing Safely
- COSHH awareness
- Full, clean driving license.
- Experience of building and facilities maintenance
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.
Jobs that might be of interest:HR Administrator
Apply now Learning and Skills Art Curriculum Manager
Apply now Chaplain
Apply now Residential Management Assistant (RMA)
Apply now Further Education Teacher