Compliance Apps Analyst Rochester, New York Competitive
Compliance Apps AnalystLocation: Rochester, New York | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 18 Mar 2021 | Closes: 30 Sep 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: NY031821CAA
G4S Secure Integration is looking for a Compliance Apps Analyst which is a critical resource within the IT Business Systems Organization and is primarily charged with managing the IT department’s efforts to ensure compliance with the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards. Focusing on NERC requirements within regulations, contractual obligations and internal objectives, this position provides services to guide, identify, evaluate, design, develop, implement and integrate controls and processes to meet these requirements. In addition, this position provides oversight into the effectiveness of all compliance controls and performs or assists in the performance of compliance controls as required along with the creation and maintenance of policies, standards, and procedures. This position will work closely with all Business Systems teams to ensure compliance controls are created and maintained as part of the change and project governance, and that standardized training is maintained and provided to ensure compliance with regulatory, contractual, and internal requirements.
- Provide guidance, identification, evaluation, design, development, implementation and integration of compliance controls, processes, and procedures that will provide protection of information and systems while meeting regulatory and contractual compliance requirements for the NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection. Write Technical & Reference materials (T&RM) documenting internal processes.
- Conduct internal training, spot checks and reviews to ensure compliance with NERC CIP standards. Perform periodic testing of compliance controls as required by regulatory and contractual compliance. Develop KPIs for CIP compliance monthly reporting. Advise management of potential non-compliance, act to remediate, and recommend solutions to close potential gaps.
- Perform and participate in regulatory, contractual and internal audits as required. Provide support to subject matter experts participating in these activities. Provide compliance training and the creation and maintenance of compliance training materials.
- Interface with stakeholders supporting NERC CIP program. Work closely with our Business Systems units and Business partners as needed to support their compliance related activities. Ensure that compliance controls are met, and that proper documentation is provided in a timely manner. Monitor status of all controls and proactively drive resolution to open issues.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices and advise leadership on changes needed to satisfy compliance expectations. Anticipate changes in CIP compliance requirements and programs. Assist in reviewing current policies for quality, accuracy, and effectiveness. Maintain policies, standards, and procedures that drive compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science, technology, accounting or business.
- 8+ years of experience including 3 years of experience with NERC CIP compliance, regulatory, or auditing activities.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information and recommendations to executive management.
- Demonstrated technical skills
- Proven problem solving and business risk analysis skills
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Strong investigative, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong detailed understanding of the NERC CIP Standards Familiarity with access controls, information protection, and recovery plans.
- Experience with and understanding of SCADA or electric utility T&D equipment a plus.
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest: