Complex Needs Support Worker - Maternity Cover BRIDGEND £18,431.21
Complex Needs Support Worker - Maternity CoverLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £18,431.21 | Posted: 28 Oct 2018 | Closes: 18 Nov 2018 | Job Type: Fixed & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
COMPLEX NEEDS SUPPORT WORKER (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
HMP Parc, Bridgend
£18,431.21 per annum
40 Hours Per Week - Full Time
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Complex Needs Support Worker to join our team at HMP Parc, a category B prison, In Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to support the operational staff on Coed Unit with the day to day care and management of prisoners with additional/complex needs, including those with Dementia, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health and Personality Disorders.
- To work alongside the Pathways Manager to identify those individuals requiring additional support and to agree level of support required.
- To supervise and co-ordinate the work of the “buddies” to ensure needs are met. To co-ordinate the training and development of the buddies and to be involved in the recruitment process.
- To support the Supported Living Plan (Care Maps) process for X1, X2 and X3 and ensure needs are being met and that care plans are up to date.
- To raise concerns over possible ‘gaps’ in provision that become apparent through your day to day interactions with prisoners.
- To provide one to one interaction/care with those individuals deemed as benefitting from 1 to 1 engagement. This engagement would be for the purpose of improving mental, emotional and physical well-being through conversation and identified extra activities.
- To support the implementation and reinforcement of specific management plans for individuals and to contribute to the development of said plans when required.
- To develop and contribute towards strategies for managing challenging behavior.
- To actively drive forward and facilitate activities, either group or individual, that would assist in the management and care of complex individuals.
- To assist in the movement/escorting of limited mobility individuals to other areas in the prison e.g. healthcare, visits, admissions, adjudications, ACCT reviews (risk of self-harm).
- To assist in crisis situations by interacting with the individual concerned to de-escalate emotions and reduce risk of harm to self or others. This may include ACCT monitoring / pegging.
- To promote Mindfulness as a self-management technique.
- To complete detailed observation entries in relevant documents e.g. ACCTS, SLPs as required.
- To develop therapeutic activities/approaches alongside Coed Management Team.
- To escort individuals to the animal center when identified via management plan.
- To accompany individuals on exercise/walking club as required
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality and adhering to data protection.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Operate in accordance with G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of/ability to, work within a team
- Positive & motivational communication skills
- Empathy & diplomacy
- Experience of working within a healthcare / social care environment
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups e.g. learning disabilities, elderly / dementia care etc
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive or ‘difficult to engage’ people.
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels / collaborative working
- Experience of working in challenging settings.
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Evidence of working within a ‘value for money’ service
- Experience of working in small groups
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.
Jobs that might be of interest:Plumber
Apply now Handy Person Semi Skilled Engineer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Nurse or Paramedic (HCP)
Location: BRIDGWATER, Cornwall
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Location: Bristol, City of