Commercial Manager , United Kingdom Up to 56500
Commercial ManagerLocation: , United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 56500 | Posted: 5 May 2022 | Closes: 5 Jun 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: T220000SA
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Fire & Security Systems side of our business here at G4S
We are looking for a Commercial Manager to join our team and support in all commercial aspects of one of our key contracts. This will include revenue, cost management and profitability. Ownership and understanding of key processes in place to deliver against this contract.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis; ensuring an understanding of all movements;
- Analytical review of financial performance;
- To manage the monthly management accounts production and ensure they accurately reflect the financial position and performance of the contract at that time;
- To compose and distribute analytical commentary on the results to the Finance and Operations Director.
- Ensure Order to Cash process is fit for purpose with suitable controls in place
- Liaise with billing team on a weekly basis to manage progress of monthly billing
- Management of application for payments with the customer
- Management of Accrued income including cash allocation management
- Management of payroll costs for the contract
- Management of stock and third party supplier costs
- Ensure costs are matched to revenue in the appropriate accounting periods
Planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Plan and lead regular forecasting and budgeting processes for the contract
- To ensure that pricing and costing processes are professional, repeatable and appropriate.
- Provide sound financial analysis to aid decision making.
- To assist the Operation Director with the implementation of appropriate operational review processes and behaviours to drive the performance and profitability of the contract;
- Preparation and presentation of key financial data at Business Unit review meetings;
- Working closely with senior management to review performance of the contract.
- To manage and form strong working relationships within the Business Unit (HR, BD Operations).
- In-direct management of staff in finance shared service centre and the local billing team
- Educational Requirements/Qualifications
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA fully qualified accountant, preferably with 1st time passes.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrable post qualification accounting experience;
- Experience of project costing models;
- Production of monthly management accounts (profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow), along with variance analysis and reporting;
- Order to Bill process mapping
- Dealing in large volumes of data
- High levels of personal effectiveness, particularly in communication, organisation, and the ability to focus on achieving project deadlines, ensuring that milestones can be met.
Jobs that might be of interest: