Command Center Systems Administrator Peoria, IL Competitive plus Great Benefits
Command Center Systems AdministratorLocation: Peoria, IL | Salary: Competitive plus Great Benefits | Posted: 24 Jul 2020 | Closes: 24 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/710250/195049
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Command Center Systems Administrator. The Command Center Systems Administrator is responsible for day-to-day operations of the access control system as well as other monitoring systems housed in the client Command Center. This position will ensure the correct and consistent administration of the systems.
The Systems Administrator position is responsible for day-to-day operations of the access control system as well as other monitoring systems housed in the client Command Center. This position ensures the correct and consistent administration of the systems researches and makes recommendations on the implementation of Best Demonstrated Practices (“BDP”) and other key initiatives, and ensures client/Contractor policies and procedures are communicated, implemented and adhered to
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Oversee and manage the access control and other monitoring systems
- Researches and makes recommendations on the implementation of Best Demonstrated Practices (“BDP”) and other key initiatives; ensures Client/Contractor policies and procedures are communicated, implemented and adhered to
- Provides leadership direction to security staff and consults with senior management to ensure the safety of all employees
- Ensures appropriate resources are scheduled to achieve business objectives
- Inspects the access control database daily, checking for database
- Captures workload and system key performance indicators (KPI) and other data to accurately capture activities
- Provides leadership, direction as well as influencing, shaping and integrating strategies for multiple functional areas
- Provides programming guidance and direction to all Command Center customers promoting a proactive attitude in meeting the life safety system needs of the client
- Manages updates to alarm and response procedures; ensures that monitoring equipment is inspected and maintains equipment inspections, maintenance and repair records; actively works with technicians in problem solving and programming of customer life safety systems.
- Actively participates in facility committees and establishes a good working relationship with client management
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice, Communications, Homeland Security or related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in project development, management, and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms
- Must possess Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) Certification
- Must possess knowledge of industry standards of security technologies and methods
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess experience in system programming
- Must possess a strong understanding of security operations
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work autonomously and utilize sound judgment
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be willing and able to be on call, working flexible schedules, including nights and weekends
- Must have excellent people skills with the ability to lead a team of professionals and provide responsive and reliable information
- Must have the ability to logically and objectively analyze problems, apply sound judgment in assessing possible solutions, adjust to changing priorities, and meet tight deadlines
- Must thrive in a high-tempo environment and possess strong multi-tasking skills
- Must possess strong Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and ability to handle basic to moderate issues independently
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor; office environment; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Sitting while working on a computer; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Command Center Team Manager
Location: Peoria, IL
Apply now Command Center Operator
Location: Peoria, IL
Apply now Global Account Manager
Location: Peoria, IL
Apply now Firefighter - Emergency Medical Technician
Location: East Peoria, Illinois
Apply now Firefighter / Emergency Medical Technician
Location: Mossville, Illinois