Command Center Operator Peoria, IL Competitive plus Great Benefits
Command Center OperatorLocation: Peoria, IL | Salary: Competitive plus Great Benefits | Posted: 24 Jul 2020 | Closes: 24 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/710250/195052
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Command Center Operator. As a Command Center Operator, you will serve as the support link between customers, local client offices, coworkers, vendors, and the general public. Operators use multiple platforms to include web-based solutions, phone, email, radio, etc. Personnel will observe and report activities and incidents generated from life safety systems providing for the Security and safety of client property and personnel. This position monitors life safety systems and dispatches appropriate personnel based on need, preserves order, and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
This position requires schedule flexibility. Candidates must be willing to work 2nd and 3rd shifts, weekends, and holidays as necessary. In the event of an emergency, personnel may be required to stay past the end of your shift to assist with the emergency or write incident reports.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Respond to requests for support in a timely manner
- Monitor and maintain all forms of communication, document changes to projects, and communicate changes to impacted personnel in a constantly changing environment often under pressure and tight deadlines
- Identify and escalate issues to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner using appropriate means
- Follow established procedures/process and work with management to constantly make improvements/updates as necessary
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism and customer service in all communications with the client's internal and external customers
- Use multiple platforms (calls, new medial, social media alerts, online platforms, etc.) to collect, assess, and escalate information that activates defined response protocols to leadership
- Constantly evaluate equipment and platforms to identify issues, correct minor problems, and elevate concerns local client offices, coworkers, vendors, management, and/or customers
- Liaise, notify, assist, and direct external emergency personnel and internal resources as necessary
- Control access to client sites or facilities through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility
- Provide an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provide a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client, employee, and visitor as perceived from their point of view; present a good image of the client and its security department
- Communicate in a manner that is open, honest, and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provide information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by the customer
- Monitor entrances and exits; act to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; control entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; monitor remote entrances using closed circuit television; operate remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property
- Monitor life safety fire and intrusion systems and dispatch the appropriate personnel based on the alarm event
- Perform E911 Emergency Medical Dispatch functions in accordance with state regulations
- Prepare logs or reports; write or type reports, or enter information in a computer using standard grammar and take action as required
- Observe and report incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel, or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site
- Dispatch appropriate personnel to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification
- Perform other duties as assigned by the client and/or management personnel
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) Certification
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Service in military, military reserves, or National Guard
- Service as a dispatcher, law enforcement officer, emergency management professional, or corporate security role
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in related field (call center, dispatch, or command/control center)
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must possess knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures
- Must possess the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form
- Must possess the ability to be an effective team member
- Must possess the ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances
- Must possess courteous and professional telephone manner
- Must possess the ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization
- Must possess the ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must possess the ability to provide high quality customer service
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected. Climate-controlled environment that is often cooler than normal to keep computer equipment cool
Major activity: Working on personal computer while utilizing telephones, radios, and web-based platforms.
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest: