Processor - Coin Bristol £9.96 in first six months, rising to £10.26 after 6 months, rising to £10.56 after 1 year
Processor - CoinLocation: Bristol | Salary: £9.96 in first six months, rising to £10.26 after 6 months, rising to £10.56 after 1 year | Posted: 27 Aug 2021 | Closes: 30 Sep 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7186
Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Uniform, Corporate perks and discounts
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
This is a Part Time role, working 3 Days.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Meet or exceed personal and team productivity targets.
• Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
• Undertake training activities as required.
• Operate in receipt and dispatch function, dealing with both internal and/or external customers, including responsibility for accurate loading/unloading
• Ensure Standard and Local Operating Procedures are adhered to at all times.
• The packing by hand of bulk and part coin orders by delivery route into appropriate cages and crates and securing and sealing.
• Check and weigh in bulk coin from financial institutions and other Coin Centres, investigate weight differences and where appropriate raise any unresolved discrepancies to management.
• Ensure 5S standards are consistently reviewed and adhered to.
• Use of Viper track and trace system to ensure integrity of audit trail.
• Use powered mechanical handling equipment (MHE) to facilitate movement of bulk coin.
• Order picking and checking of work from each Financial Institution in line with company procedures.
• Operation of automated coin sachet and counting equipment, including first line maintenance, ensuring the required throughput targets are achieved to produce bagged coin.
• Maintaining balance of coin stock by Financial Institution through daily balancing, including the use of working cage forms, and daily checks of cage integrity and labelling.
• Coin depositing by Financial Institution through the appropriate cash management computer system; identifying discrepancies and escalating to line management.
• Ensure all working cages are secured at the end of shift.
• Ensure all company security procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Observe all Health & Safety requirements whilst within the coin centre.
• Complete necessary paperwork and/or the appropriate cash management systems accurately within the department.
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Able to pass a criminal record check.
- Checkable 5 year employment/unemployment/educational history.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues in English.
- Must be able to pass a personal credit and ID check.
- Prepared to undergo airport style searches.
- Ability to follow laid down company procedures/instructions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexible and helpful.
- Focused on delivery of customer service.
- Effective communication skills at all levels.
- Basic IT competence.
- Able to work as part of a team player.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Security conscious.
- Ability to work in a security confined environment.
- Licensed in the use of powered machinery (or able to obtain licence).
- Able to work with volume counting machinery
This role will be subject to screening including but not limited to a criminal record check, credit check and 5 year background check. In addition, this role will be subject to a medical review which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.