Coin Processor - Night Shift Coventry 11.07 in first 6 months, rising to £11.73 after 1 year
Coin Processor - Night ShiftLocation: Coventry | Salary: 11.07 in first 6 months, rising to £11.73 after 1 year | Posted: 11 Jan 2022 | Closes: 29 Jan 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7343
Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, We Care - 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing HSF - Health Cash Plan Corporate perks and discounts, Long Service Awards, Recognition Scheme.
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Main Purpose of Job
We currently have a number of opportunities for Coin processor to join our team and be a part of our continued success. Your primary responsibility will be the processing and supply of coin to fulfil customer requirements, and to contribute to the operational activities within the Coin Centre/Store. You will need to work within the company procedural guidelines to ensure a high quality of service is consistently maintained. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
- Meet or exceed personal and team productivity targets.
- Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
- Undertake training activities as required.
- Operate in receipt and dispatch function, dealing with both internal and/or external customers, including responsibility for accurate loading/unloading
- Ensure Standard and Local Operating Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- The packing by hand of bulk and part coin orders by delivery route into appropriate cages and crates and securing and sealing.
- Check and weigh in bulk coin from financial institutions and other Coin Centres, investigate weight differences and where appropriate raise any unresolved discrepancies to management.
- Ensure 5S standards are consistently reviewed and adhered to.
- Use of Viper track and trace system to ensure integrity of audit trail.
- Use powered mechanical handling equipment (MHE) to facilitate movement of bulk coin.
- Order picking and checking of work from each Financial Institution in line with company procedures.
- Operation of automated coin sachet and counting equipment, including first line maintenance, ensuring the required throughput targets are achieved to produce bagged coin.
- Maintaining balance of coin stock by Financial Institution through daily balancing, including the use of working cage forms, and daily checks of cage integrity and labelling.
- Coin depositing by Financial Institution through the appropriate cash management computer system; identifying discrepancies and escalating to line management.
- Ensure all working cages are secured at the end of shift.
- Ensure all company security procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Observe all Health & Safety requirements whilst within the coin centre.
- Complete necessary paperwork and/or the appropriate cash management systems accurately within the department.
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
So what makes a successful Coin Processor (Coin Store Operative)?
Firstly, you will need to be confident in communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English.
An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important
You will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions
You must also be able to work to tight deadlines
Previous cash handling experience would be extremely beneficial, as would experience using IT and computer systems.
Licensed in the use of powered machinery (or able to obtain licence)
Ability to work with volume counting machinery
Finally, you must be continuously focused on providing a top notch service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious
Pay starts at £10.77 per hour, rising to £11.07 after 6 months, rising to £ 11.37 after 12 months (plus £2.05 night allowance if applicable) Anticipated / subject to Pay Deal Approval from 1st January 2022. (currently £10.33 in the first 6 months, rising to £10.63 and rising to £10.93 after 12 months).
*The hourly rate of pay is £10.77 in the first 6 months, rising to £11.07 and rising to £11.37 after 1 year. Currently overtime opportunities are available to enhance earning potential but overtime is not guaranteed. The above quoted salary is based on a 48 hour working week. If you work less hours than this, then your earnings would inevitably be less, and your actual earnings will be dependent on your hourly rate, the number of hours that you work, and your offer letter and terms and conditions of employment.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check
You must also have a 5 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify
You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, paid overtime, pension scheme, life assurance, free uniform and We Care; 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.