Coin Operative (Rotating shift ) 5AM- 13.30PM - 12.30 - 21.00PM Coventry Coin Centre 10.35
Coin Operative (Rotating shift ) 5AM- 13.30PM - 12.30 - 21.00PMLocation: Coventry Coin Centre | Salary: 10.35 | Posted: 12 Sep 2019 | Closes: 18 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6573
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
• Meet or exceed personal and team productivity targets.
• Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
• Undertake training activities as required.
• Operate in receipt and dispatch function, dealing with both internal and/or external customers, including responsibility for accurate loading/unloading
• Ensure Standard and Local Operating Procedures are adhered to at all times. •
The packing by hand of bulk and part coin orders by delivery route into appropriate cages and crates and securing and sealing.
• Check and weigh in bulk coin from financial institutions and other Coin Centres, investigate weight differences and where appropriate raise any unresolved discrepancies to management.
• Ensure 5S standards are consistently reviewed and adhered to.
• Use of Viper track and trace system to ensure integrity of audit trail.
• Use powered mechanical handling equipment (MHE) to facilitate movement of bulk coin.
• Order picking and checking of work from each Financial Institution in line with company procedures.
• Operation of automated coin sachet and counting equipment, including first line maintenance, ensuring the required throughput targets are achieved to produce bagged coin.
• Maintaining balance of coin stock by Financial Institution through daily balancing, including the use of working cage forms, and daily checks of cage integrity and labelling.
• Coin depositing by Financial Institution through the appropriate cash management computer system; identifying discrepancies and escalating to line management.
• Ensure all working cages are secured at the end of shift.
• Ensure all company security procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Observe all Health & Safety requirements whilst within the coin centre.
• Complete necessary paperwork and/or the appropriate cash management systems accurately within the department. This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
So what makes a successful Cashier? Firstly,
- you will need to be confident communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English.
- An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important.
- You will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions.
- You must also be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Previous cash handling experience would very extremely beneficial, as would experience using IT and computer systems. Finally, you must be continuously focused on providing a top notch service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- This role will be subject to screening including but not limited to a criminal record check, credit check and 5 year background check. In addition, this role will be subject to a medical review which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure, confined and highly regulated environment.
- If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application
Please note during Probation period there is dudction of 60p per hr in first 6 months & 30p per hr in next 6 months from advertised hourly rate..
Jobs that might be of interest:Senior Cashier - Full time (40 hours per week)
Location: Coventry Coin Centre
Apply now Vault Officer Full Time on Shifts
Apply now Secure Driver
Apply now Secure Driver - Northampton
Apply now Customer Assistant
Location: Syston, Leicestershire