Coin Centre Operative Glasgow CC £10.56 per hour
Coin Centre OperativeLocation: Glasgow CC | Salary: £10.56 per hour | Posted: 7 Jan 2020 | Closes: 23 Feb 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6870
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
We currently have a number of opportunities for Coin Store Operatives to join our team and be a part of our continued success. Your primary responsibility will be the processing and supply of coin to fulfil customer requirements, and to contribute to the operational activities within the Coin Centre/Store. You will need to work within the company procedural guidelines to ensure a high quality of service is consistently maintained. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed personal and team productivity targets.
- Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
- Undertake training activities as required.
- Operate in receipt and dispatch function, dealing with both internal and/or external customers, including responsibility for accurate loading/unloading
- Ensure Standard and Local Operating Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- The packing by hand of bulk and part coin orders by delivery route into appropriate cages and crates and securing and sealing.
- Check and weigh in bulk coin from financial institutions and other Coin Centres, investigate weight differences and where appropriate raise any unresolved discrepancies to management.
- Ensure 5S standards are consistently reviewed and adhered to.
- Use of Viper track and trace system to ensure integrity of audit trail.
- Use powered mechanical handling equipment (MHE) to facilitate movement of bulk coin.
- Order picking and checking of work from each Financial Institution in line with company procedures.
- Operation of automated coin sachet and counting equipment, including first line maintenance, ensuring the required throughput targets are achieved to produce bagged coin.
- Maintaining balance of coin stock by Financial Institution through daily balancing, including the use of working cage forms, and daily checks of cage integrity and labelling.
- Coin depositing by Financial Institution through the appropriate cash management computer system; identifying discrepancies and escalating to line management.
- Ensure all working cages are secured at the end of shift.
- Ensure all company security procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Observe all Health & Safety requirements whilst within the coin centre.
- Complete necessary paperwork and/or the appropriate cash management systems accurately within the department.
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
To be a successful Coin Store Operative, you will have the following skills and experiences:
- Able to pass a criminal record check.
- Checkable 5 year employment/unemployment/educational history.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues in English.
- Must be able to pass a personal credit and ID check.
- Prepared to undergo airport style searches.
- Ability to follow laid down company procedures/instructions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexible and helpful.
- Focused on delivery of customer service.
- Effective communication skills at all levels.
- Basic IT competence.
- Able to work as part of a team player.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Security conscious.
- Ability to work in a security confined environment.
- Licensed in the use of powered machinery (or able to obtain licence).
- Able to work with volume counting machinery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Branch Security Officer
Apply now Branch Security Officer - 30 Hours Per Week
Apply now Full Time Vault Officer
Apply now Part Time Secure Driver
Apply now Full Time Secure Driver