CMB AdministratorLocation: Nettleham | Salary: £20,910.00 | Posted: 21 Dec 2021 | Closes: 4 Jan 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G21/154
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as a CMB Administrator.
This is a full time position for 38.5 hours per week working 4 on 4 off shifts 08:00 - 20:00. The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym.
The successful candidate will maintain and interrogate Police Computer Systems, to quality control the accuracy and validity of information held in accordance with Force Policy, National Guidance and the Data Protection Act 1984. Promote equality of opportunity to the people of Lincolnshire and treat all individuals fairly with dignity and respect. To provide a high quality, customer focused administrative support.
Please note that that role requires Recruitment Vetting, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application.
Please be aware the contract between G4S Policing Services and Lincolnshire Police ceases on 31 March 2022. Where there is a requirement for services to continue beyond this date, roles may be TUPE transferred to the new employer responsible for delivering the services from 1 April 2022 onwards, but at this stage we are working through with Lincolnshire Police what the new provision of services will look like and we would then discuss any impacts with staff once we have this information.
- Responsible for the inputting, updating, finalisation and quality control of all crime information directly onto Niche RMS, PNC and other force computer systems in line with the National Crime Recording Standards and in accordance with policies and directives current at the relevant time.
- Responsible for the input, amendment and the deletion of information held on force computer systems including Niche RMS and PNC. Information is received via an array of communications including officers, members of the public, police staff, courts and other agencies in accordance with policies and directives current at the relevant time.
- Carry out enquiries on force computer systems to assist investigating officers, partner and external agencies.
- Deal with enquiries on persons arrested or reported for offences recordable on PNC, interrogating PNC and Niche RMS to retrieve and summarise data in the required format.
- Undertake back record conversion creating, correcting and editing records where necessary including making contact with the courts and other agencies to clarify information.
- Maintain and action the Force Forensic hits (DNA and Fingerprint) in accordance with policies and directives current at the relevant time.
- Carry out weeding of the computer system files making decisions based on local and nationally agreed criteria and Data Protection principles.
- Generate management information reports as requested on local statistics and crime information.
- Answer telephone enquiries from members of the public and provide the appropriate advice and guidance as necessary.
- Undertake other clerical and administrative tasks as required including maintenance of data quality.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrates experience of extensive inputting and retrieval of data on computer systems
- Previous work experience within a computerised office environment
- Ability to enter, interrogate and retrieve information from computer systems
- Is able to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing avoiding jargon.
- Able to use listening and questioning techniques to elicit relevant information.
- Demonstrates skills in planning, co-ordinating and prioritising workloads.
- Demonstrates the ability to check, collate and analyse information.
- Able to use own initiative and work unsupervised.
- Able to work within an environment focussed on achieving performance targets
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Police National Computer and competent in the use of Names, Vehicles and Property.
- Demonstrates an ability to complete workloads within set timescales
- Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of Police procedures and working practices including NCRS and NSIR, Home Office regulations and basic law.
- Has the ability to develop strong working relationships with members of staff.
- Demonstrates a flexible / adaptable approach to working practices.
Jobs that might be of interest:Cleaning Supervisor
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Apply now Cleaner (Term Time Only)
Location: LE5 6LN, Leicester
Apply now Cleaners - Leicester
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Apply now Cleaner
Location: LE4 7GY, Leicester
Apply now Cleaner
Location: LE4 7GY, Leicester