Cluster Manager BRIDGEND £38,000 - £40,916.15
Cluster ManagerLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £38,000 - £40,916.15 | Posted: 11 Jul 2019 | Closes: 1 Aug 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7949
HM Prison Parc, Bridgend
Salary range: £38,000 - £40,916.15 per annum
Full Time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Cluster Manager to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 convicted male adult prisoners and remand / convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to manage residential units at HMP & YOI Parc, ensuring that all aspects of the Residential function are delivered to the highest standard and that key performance targets are achieved. To have strategic responsibility for the development of specialist units with specific focus on risk management and multi-disciplinary collaborative working.
- To contribute to a rehabilitive culture
- To ensure that all residential functions are in compliance with prison service requirements and related inspections such as HMIP
- Ensure compliance with performance monitoring and KPTs in areas of responsibility, to include serious assaults, doubling, time unlocked.
- Ensuring that all operational policies and procedures meet contractual compliance
- All prison service orders are implemented, audited and amended to promote a safe, secure and decent environment for all prisoners and staff
- Implement any action plans arising from internal and external audits in a timely manner
- Direct line management of unit/function to include all aspects of performance management and development of strategies through monthly bi-lat meetings
- Ensure Operational Manager conducts supervision with direct line reports.
- Monitor and liase with the unit/function Operational Manager regarding day to day issues and routines.
- To manage sickness and absence within areas of responsibility to ensure compliance with the KPT target for percentage of staff on sick absence.
- Ensure effective management of unit/function staff, to include annual staff appraisals, performance management of staff and monitoring of probation periods, and staff development through compliance with mandatory training
- Ensure strong working relationships with regimes and offender management to promote resettlement opportunities
- Management of specialist units within your function
- This position will have key responsibility in terms of assessment and risk management, and for the alignment with and collaboration between Residential, Interventions and Offender Management functions.
- The postholder will be a critical interface with managers in the above identified functions.
- To develop, implement, monitor and amend processes relevant across the units you are responsible for and its interface across the establishment.
- Represent Parc at relevant management and inter-organisational groups/meeting and to take the lead on specific developments.
- Actively promote and ensure compliance with safer custody and violence reduction, conducting and contributing to case conferences and encouraging family liaison.
- Ensuring the implementation of internal and external audit reports.
- To conduct adjudications in line with prison service standards to ensure hearings are conducted fairly, justly and impartially.
- To carry out Investigations in accordance with the company policy.
- To carry out the role of Duty Director when required to do so, as per the Duty Director rota.
- Promoting the work of Interventions generally and its benefits to government, the public and other stakeholders.
- Contributing to planning the strategic direction of Interventions as part of the prison’s Reducing Re-offending strategy.
- Attending appropriate internal/external meetings and other forums and contributing to strategic development.
- To comply with Health & Safety requirements. Ensure risk assessments are completed the areas you are responsible for.
- To ensure all Health & Safety requirements for your function comply with national and local guidelines, ensure you comply with timescales directed by the Health & Safety Department.
- To ensure BSC 5* compliance.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Professional and articulate with demonstrated effectiveness in implementing services.
- Substantial experience and knowledge of Criminal Justice processes.
- Proven managerial experience within a Prison establishment
- Demonstrated good analytical skills.
- Substantial Operational experience including Incident Management.
- Ability to manage and utilise information systems and devise action planning structures to guide work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage / understand effective use of resources/finances.
- Proven experience of managing staff, including management of first line managers.
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. As part of the recruitment process you may be required to undertake a series of online tests including verbal reasoning, numerical testing and a personality assessment. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role. Interviews for this role will be taking place in January 2017.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.
Jobs that might be of interest:Case Administrator - Harm Reduction
Apply now Learning and Skills Art Curriculum Manager
Apply now Performance Analyst
Apply now Behaviour, Health & Wellbeing and Development Caseworker
Apply now HR Administrator