Close Protection Officer JHB / Cape Town Market Related
Close Protection OfficerLocation: JHB / Cape Town | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 7 Nov 2019 | Closes: 7 Dec 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/3620871/174935
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Secure Solutions South Africa is actively recruiting the services of qualified and experienced Close Protection Officers to service the premium section of the South African market. The Close Protection Officer keeps clients safe from unwanted attention or physical harm. They are responsible for assessing security measures and providing discreet surveillance.
Specialist duties may include residential security, making sure the client's premises are secure.
Our Close Protection Officers may act as chauffeurs, specialising in defensive and evasive driving.
Although much of a Close Protection Officer's time can involve periods of inactivity, they must be constantly alert and ready to respond to a threatening situation.
To achieve this, they liaise constantly with other security professionals. They may work in teams, using specialist communication equipment to maintain contact.
Close protection officers work around their clients' schedule, which will vary depending on the length of contract and their clients' work and leisure activities.
Offering 24-hour protection means that this is rarely a weekday nine-to-five job. It can involve early starts, potentially lots of travelling, maybe abroad, and late nights accompanying clients to functions.
Close Protection Officers work both indoors and at outdoor venues, such as rallies, political meetings, conferences and premieres. Public outings, such as shopping trips, can be arranged at short notice.
When on duty they may spend long periods standing in a fixed security position, sometimes seated overnight outside a hotel room.
Travelling for long durations in cars, trains and aeroplanes is normal. Frequently, clients ask for a Close Protection Officer they trust to accompany them on international trips.
A Close Protection Officer on a film set or music tour could be away from home for long periods of time.
The Ideal Candidate:
Close Protection Officers need:
- Good physical fitness.
- Excellent observation skills to spot potentially dangerous situations.
- Confidence to react quickly using their own initiative.
- Good vision and hearing.
- To be able to work as a team.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to remain calm when under pressure and surrounded by dangerous situations.
- Discretion, respecting client confidentiality.
- The ability to integrate with clients' lifestyles.
- Common sense and an understanding of the risks involved.
- Knowledge of law related to security.
- Must be between the ages of 25 and 37 years old.
- Minimum 5 years Close Protection experience.
- Level 3 First Aid or higher.
- Advanced defensive and evasive driving qualification.
- Close Protection qualification from an accredited SASSETA training facility.
- Minimum PSIRA Grade B qualified.
- SAPS Firearm Competency.
- South African Citizen
- Valid driver’s license.
- Updated CV with contactable references.
- No criminal record or bad credit history.
- Own transport.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer - DC
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Apply now Cargo Screener / X-Ray Operator
Location: Central London, United Kingdom
Apply now Area SecurityOfficer
Location: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Apply now Aviation Security Agent
Location: Crawley, United Kingdom
Apply now Security Officer
Location: Argyll and Bute, United Kingdom