Clinical Nurse Manager - Thames Valley SARC Thames Valley £39,000
Clinical Nurse Manager - Thames Valley SARCLocation: Thames Valley | Salary: £39,000 | Posted: 5 Dec 2018 | Closes: 30 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7252
Clinical Nurse Manager
Thames Valley SARC
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Thames Valley SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) Service, commissioned by NHS England and Thames Valley Police.
The Clinical Nurse Manager’s role is to lead, manage and coordinate the delivery of the SARC Clinical Service in accordance with National Guidance and NHSE
Service Specification and play a pivotal role in it’s continued development. A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive
service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a
multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, ISVA’s, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide aftercare including risk assessments,
as well as facilitating onward support and referrals to other agencies, such as Counselling, Independent Sexual Violence Advisors and Health.
The Clinical Nurse Manager post include 2 clinical days a week working as a Sexual Offence Examiner, please see attached JD, full training will be given.
To lead, manage and co-ordinate the delivery the SARC clinical service in accordance with Contractual Obligations, National guidelines and Local
Targets and play a pivotal role in it’s continued development within budgetary restraints. To provide acute forensic examinations for victims of rape and sexual
assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and NMC guidelines and the NMC code conduct.
- To effectively lead, manage and co-ordinate the SARC Clinical team in the delivery of th SARC service which aims to improve Health and Criminal Justice outcomes for victims of sexual assault in accordance with Contractual obligations National guidelines and Local targets.
- To evaluate and assess provision of service feeding back monthly data and annual reports to Commissioners and Stakeholders and G4S Health.
- To implement changes in practice when required and work towards continuous improvement within budgetary restraints.
- To promote the SARC service with partner agencies, other professionals and the community
- Investigate any complaints and instigate appropriate response and action with support of the Head of SARC Services
- To provide Clinical Governance activity within the SARC Team, including training, clinical audit, and managing clinical incidents and complaints.
- To be the CQC Registered Manager for the Service and ensure compliance
- To ensure staff adhere to policies and procedures produced by G4S Health and the SARC.
- To ensure the secure storage of forensic samples, documentation and records in accordance with Health and Criminal Justice legislation.
- Responsible for the SARC’s medicine management.
- To ensure effective use of human, financial and physical resources in the delivery of a 24/7 service.
- To ensure coverage of on-call rota’s and take action where there are gaps.
- To liaise with HR to manage sickness and absence, annual leave, grievance, disciplinary and capability procedures.
- To authorise staff timesheets, travel and expenses.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection and induction of new staff in liaison with HR.
- To undertake staff appraisals, 1:1 meetings and chair team meetings.
- To support the professional development of the SARC Team by developing, delivering or sourcing relevant training courses, events and conferences.
- To use own skills flexibly to create new initiatives and development as appropriate within budgetary constraints.
- To develop local policies, protocols and guidelines.
- To be the Safeguarding Lead for the service and ensure safeguarding procedures are followed and information is shared with relevant teams when safeguarding concerns are raised.
- To engage clients with an evaluation of the service and implement any relevant changes.
- To carry out forensic examinations when required of victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and NMC guidelines
- To practice as an autonomous practitioner exercising independent and objective clinical judgment within professional guidelines and code of conduct.
- To treat all SARC clients with courtesy, consideration, care and respect and give appropriate care and treatment in accordance with best practice.
- To work with and liaise with the Crisis Worker and Specially trained officer to ensure that the client feels in control and the service is tailored to their needs.
- To obtain fully informed consent for all procedures from the SARC client.
- To take relevant forensic samples as per FFLM guidelines ensuring the chain of evidence, document injuries, complete aftercare risk assessments; pregnancy, blood-borne virus, mental health and safeguarding.
- To administer any relevant medication under G4S Health PGD’s.
- To complete all documentation as per local guidelines including a FFLM Proforma and an Aftercare Form, and store securely as per local guidelines.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines at all times.
- To complete written statements as soon as practically possible, when requested by G4S Health.
- To attend court when requested to as a professional witness
- To maintain their SARC Training Matrix by attending quarterly peer supervision, peer review, appraisals, undertaking quarterly reflective practice, completing mandatory training and attending relevant training, events and conferences.
- To work towards acquiring the LSOM qualification or equivalent
- Responsible for personal continued professional development.
- To adhere to policies and procedures produced by G4S Health and the SARC.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Carry out any reasonable request from your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- NMC Registered
- Team and service management
- Forensic Examination of Complainants of
- Sexual Assault
- Effective Communication skills.
- Effective Organisational skills
- Excellent Documentation skills
- Professional and Non-Judgemental
Essential Skill Required:
- Registered Nurse/Midwife with 4 years post-reg experience
- Experience of working as an Autonomous Practitioner
- Clinical Governance Involvement
- Team Leader and management experience
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Safeguarding skills and knowledge.
- Good understanding of Confidentiality and Information
- Enhanced DBS
- Disclosure and Police
- Examination Skills
- Access to own transport
- Computer Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good Time management
Desirable Skills Required:
- Service development and delivery
- Sexual Health
- Women’s Health
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Disciplinary Working
- Statement writing an giving evidence experience
- Working with Vulnerable Groups
Interview Dates : 11th ,12th and 19th December and 10th January.
Jobs that might be of interest:Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Doctor
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Nurse
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Apply now Complaints Administrator
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner - Doctor
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Apply now Safeguarding Manager
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire