Clinical Lead Gatwick, West Sussex £45,656.73
Clinical LeadLocation: Gatwick, West Sussex | Salary: £45,656.73 | Posted: 7 Oct 2019 | Closes: 2 Dec 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8136
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Gatwick IRC’s, Gatwick PDA and Borders is over two sites. IRC is an Immigration Removal Centre located on the outskirts of Gatwick Airport. Brook House IRC holds up to 505 men over the age of 18. Tinsley House IRC holds up to 168 men over the age of 18. Gatwick PDA and Borders is located inside Tinsley but kept separate from the male population. Gatwick PDA can hold up to two pre planned families at any one time. Border families can arrive without pre warning and can hold up to one family.
We are recruiting for a Clinical Lead to join our team in Gatwick (RH6 0PQ)
Benefits as a Clinical Lead
- Salary of £45,656.73 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Shifts: 40 hours per week (Full Time)
Job outline: To pro-actively lead and manage a clinical team which provides the highest levels of holistic primary care within a secure environment. Ensuring professional, contractual and company requirements are delivered consistently at all times.
- Coordinate care pathways, liaising between the primary and secondary services.
- Carry out assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- Facilitate the provision of health and social care to detainees to ensure the highest professional service is delivered at all times in line with contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Implements a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Facilitates effective communication between staff of all disciplines.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Ensure relevant documentation is completed by all staff in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all staff understand and operate in accordance with the NMC Code Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice at all times.
- Control and coordinate effective operational management of the clinical team.
- Management supervision of senior nursing staff.
- Carry out bi annual Employee Development Reviews (EDR) for the clinical team.
- Lead on the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Ensure the process of clinical supervision is supported within the workplace.
- Coach and supports staff to deliver continuous improvement on an individual basis and as part of a team delivering the highest standards of service at all times.
- Motivates all staff encouraging ideas for operational improvements, supporting innovation and training within healthcare services.
- Ensures all staff understand company policies and procedures , deliver contractual obligations, quality audits and compliance to areas of responsibilities
- Champions equality operating within the equality and diversity framework ensuring all staff receive equal treatment at all times
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of detainees in line with legislation and current best practice.
- Champions G4S Company values, ensuring ethical and professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Build positive relationships with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate healthcare service.
- Participate in quarterly Partnership Board meetings (comprising customer / key stakeholders in the healthcare service), producing and presenting appropriate agreed reports.
- Monitor and evaluate management information and key performance indicators to drive service delivery improvements.
- Leads business change in a positive manner
- Working with the health and safety team to assist in completion of nationally recognized audits. Ensuring actions are taken to address any identified issues.
- Seeks feedback and invests time in own development.
- Carry out investigations and disciplinary hearing as required with your Line Manager.
- Carry out any reasonable request from your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- NMC registration
- Experience of leading and working within a team
- Evidence of managerial experience
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to analyse and interpret management information
- Manage challenging and complex situations
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Evidence of delivering a ‘value for money’ service.
- CQC registered Manager
- Recent NHS Experience
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience of leading a project on innovation or change
- Experience of leading on an area of training or development.
- Familiarity with recruitment and selection of staff
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Hold a Nurse Practitioner qualification
- Driving Licence.
£1500 Golden Hello bonus (paid in 3 installments*)
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest: