Clinical Lead & £38,000
Clinical LeadLocation: | Salary: £38,000 | Posted: 16 Jan 2019 | Closes: 13 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Clinical Lead - Secondment role for 12 months.
37.5 hour per week (Monday - Friday)
Are you looking an opportunity to work in a challenging environment and support a multi-disciplinary team of clinical staff providing healthcare services
G4S, the UK’s largest secure healthcare provider, is currently recruiting for a committed and highly motivated Lead Nurse to join the Team. The Team is dedicated to the delivery of care achieved with the highest standards of patient safety and experience.
To pro-actively lead and manage a clinical team which provides the highest levels of holistic primary care within a secure environment. Ensuring professional, contractual and company requirements are delivered consistently at all times.
- Coordinate care pathways, liaising between the primary and secondary services.
- Carry out assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- Facilitate the provision of health and social care to offenders to ensure the highest professional service is delivered at all times in line with contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Implements a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Facilitates effective communication between staff of all disciplines.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Ensure relevant documentation is completed by all staff in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all staff understand and operate in accordance with the NMC Code Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice at all times.
- Control and coordinate effective operational management of the clinical team.
- Management supervision of senior nursing staff.
- Carry out bi annual Employee Development Reviews (EDR) for the clinical team.
- Lead on the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Ensure the process of clinical supervision is supported within the workplace.
- Coach and supports staff to deliver continuous improvement on an individual basis and as part of a team delivering the highest standards of service at all times.
- Motivates all staff encouraging ideas for operational improvements, supporting innovation and training within healthcare services.
- Ensures all staff understand company policies and procedures , deliver contractual obligations, quality audits and compliance to areas of responsibilities
- Champions equality operating within the equality and diversity framework ensuring all staff receive equal treatment at all times
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with legislation and current best practice.
- Champions G4S Company values, ensuring ethical and professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Build positive relationships with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate healthcare service.
- Participate in quarterly Partnership Board meetings (comprising customer / key stakeholders in the healthcare service), producing and presenting appropriate agreed reports.
- Monitor and evaluate management information and key performance indicators to drive service delivery improvements.
- Leads business change in a positive manner
- Working with the health and safety team to assist in completion of nationally recognized audits. Ensuring actions are taken to address any identified issues.
- Seeks feedback and invests time in own development.
- Carry out investigations and disciplinary hearing as required with your Line Manager.
- Carry out any reasonable request from your Line Manager.
- Leading People
- Working with Complexity
- Delivering Strategy
- Delivering Performance
- Driving Change
- Collaborating and Co-Operating
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills Required:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- CQC registered Manager
- Experience of leading and working within a team
- Evidence of managerial experience
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to analyse and interpret management information
- Manage challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Evidence of delivering a ‘value for money’ service
- Recent NHS Experience
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience of leading a project on innovation or change
- Experience of leading on an area of training or development.
- Familiarity with recruitment and selection of staff
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Hold a Nurse Practitioner qualification
- Driving Licence.
Jobs that might be of interest:Health Care Professional
Apply now National Lead Nurse - Secure Healthcare
Apply now Full Time Pharmacy Technician
Apply now National Lead Nurse - Secure Healthcare
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic