Clinical Lead Substance Misuse Durham, Durham £37,570-£43,772 per annum
Clinical Lead Substance MisuseLocation: Durham, Durham | Salary: £37,570-£43,772 per annum | Posted: 6 Dec 2019 | Closes: 3 Jan 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8207
Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where no two days are the same? We are a friendly and well-established team looking to recruit enthusiastic and committed Substance Misuse Nurses.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP/YOI Low Newton is an all-female prison situated 4 miles from Durham. It caters for females aged 18 and over who are on remand, as well as sentenced female prisoners. The prison takes all categories of prisoners including those serving life sentences. HMP/ YOI Low Newton has an operational capacity of 348.
A full range of Primary Care Services and preventative services are provided to the women who are held at Low Newton. The nursing team works closely with GPs, the integrated mental health team, drug and alcohol services, dental services, opticians, podiatrists, physiotherapists, sexual health services, and Prison Staff to ensure that the health and wellbeing of the prison population are met.
Our nursing team consists of Primary Care Nursing staff, Registered Nurses and Health Care Support Workers.
We welcome full time and part time applications from experienced and newly qualified nurses. Newly qualified nurses will be supported through a Preceptorship Package and further training.
We support nurses to participate in physical assessment skills training and prescribing courses, where appropriate, and place a high value on development and career opportunities. The opportunity to extend clinical skills are offered through access to training with our partner Universities, Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy.
We are recruiting for a Clinical Lead SMU to join our team in HMP Low Newton
Benefits as a Clinical Lead SMU
- Salary of £37,570 to £43,772 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Shifts: 37.5 hours per week (Full Time)
Job outline: To pro-actively lead and manage a clinical team which provides the highest levels of holistic primary care within a secure environment. Ensuring
professional, contractual and company requirements are delivered consistently at all times.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills & Knowledge
- Part 1 NMC registration
- CQC registered Manager
- NMP Qualification or willing to work towards
- Experience of leading and working within a team
- Evidence of managerial experience
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to analyse and interpret management information
- Manage challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Evidence of delivering a ‘value for money’ service.
- Recent NHS Experience
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience of leading a project on innovation or change
- Experience of leading on an area of training or development.
- Familiarity with recruitment and selection of staff
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Hold a Nurse Practitioner qualification
- Driving Licence
- Awareness of perinatal mental health in relation to substance misuse
Jobs that might be of interest:Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Barnstaple, Devon
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Sexual Offences Examiner (SOE) Dr
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic