Clinical Governance Manager Stockton -on-Tees, Durham £38,000 to £42,000
Clinical Governance ManagerLocation: Stockton -on-Tees, Durham | Salary: £38,000 to £42,000 | Posted: 14 Nov 2018 | Closes: 21 Nov 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Clinical Governance Manager
Stockon on Tees, TS17 6SB
£38,000 to £42,000 per annum
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that all quality indicators for Primary Care in Offender Health are assured and action plans implemented to demonstrate consistent and measurable improvements to clinical practice and health outcomes. The post holder will maintain a meticulous database of the patient experience including Serious Incidents, Deaths in Custody, Incidents and Patient Engagement data and will work with Heads of Healthcare to implement action plans and clinical audit programmes to demonstrate continuous service improvement
- Contribute to the Regional Quality Schedule reporting system
- Contribute to continuously improving the patient experience through effective patient engagement and quality initiatives.
- Lead region wide clinical and integrated audit programmes and facilitate partnership audit with partner providers.
- Maintain database and track action plans related to CQC Inspections and NHSE Assurance visits.
- Work with Heads of Healthcare to ensure effective clinical audit programmes demonstrate improvements to practice.
- Maintain the North East Risk Register.
- Undertake Incident Investigations related to patients and staff.
- Support the implementation of G4S corporate objectives.
- Continue to develop own professional skills and competences.
- Undertake mock CQC assurance inspections to enable G4S services to be “inspection ready”.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
- Clinical Practitioner
- Use of effective Risk Management tools
- Use of Governance tools specific to primary care
- Ability to develop and deliver training
- Influencing skills
- Clinical and integrated audit skills
The Ideal Candidate:
- Clinical Experience (Nurse or AHP)
- 3 years’ experience at Band 6 or above
- Clinical leadership experience
- Relationship management
- Evidence of service improvement capability
- Effective partnership working in complex environments.
- Complex quality reporting expertise ( including EXCEL)
- RCA trained
- Communication and Relationship Skills
- Planning and Organisational Skills
- Driving Licence and Car
- Service mapping and process redesign
- Ability to operate at a strategic level
- Risk Management post graduate qualification
- Company Pension Scheme - 5% employee and 8% employer contributions
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free Eye Care for VDU users
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applicants are received.