Clinical Governance Manager London, Greater London £50,000 to £55,000
Clinical Governance ManagerLocation: London, Greater London | Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 | Posted: 28 Nov 2018 | Closes: 26 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Clinical Governance Manager
London and Kent area
£50,000 to £55,000 per annum, plus Car or Annual Car Allowance of £4,980
Annual Bonus Incentive
Full Time, however Part Time may also be considered.
Please be advised that you must be a registered Health Care Professional (Nurse or Paramedic) to qualify for this role.
The Clinical Governance Manager will be an integral member of the Governance team for G4S PTS and will play a key role in providing operational advice on Governance within PTS.
The purpose of the role will be to provide assurance on both regulatory and contractual compliance. Adopting an assurance model to ensure patient, employee and public safety.
- Maintain professional registration – time and support to be agreed at appraisal stages
- Clinical supervision to be maintained within G4S PTS/ Health contracts
- Lead the co-ordination of reporting audit, risk, compliance and quality for the Strategic Clinical Quality Committee and other appropriate quality / governance related meetings.
- Maintain a good knowledge of emerging policies from NHS, NHSE, NICE, CQC, and relevant government departments.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional communication and working relationships with all levels of personnel within PTS and wider business.
- Provide on-site Governance visibility/ presence within PTS contracts
- Carry out other relevant duties when required
- Deputise to support Head of Governance when required
- Support and cascade specific ‘risk’ elements within PTS
- Lead the coordination of the analysis of data as required assuring the quality-service.
- Complete accurate RCA reports for SI’s within PTS
- Support clinical elements of complaint responses where required
- Development of integrated reporting on SUIs, incidents, complaints, PALS.
- Provide the clinical leadership for Safeguarding across PTS with support where required
- Support the G4S safeguarding lead on investigations and local safeguarding boards.
Audit and Assurance:
- Lead the development and manage the annual programme of internal CQC and thematic audits across PTS
- Develop, evaluate relevant audit tools clinical and non-clinical to assist the audit team and Managers across PTS (including complaints, Infection Control, Information Governance, Safeguarding, contractual compliance)
- Lead the provision of internal audit reports for operational leads and managers with clear recommendations, providing trend analysis and progress on corrective and preventive action.
- Ensure that quality assurance of audits take place, complete the audit cycles and demonstrate measurable changes/improvement in practice by system users.
- Develop and maintain core policies within Governance inclusive of the Crew Handbook
- Lead the H & S team to ensure statutory compliance and appropriate escalation on incidents/ learning opportunities
- Provide clinical leadership within PTS. Responsible for carrying out a PTS compliance/ governance role, cross-referencing with evidence requirements for the risk management standards, CQC requirements.
- Manage and maintain the clinical compliance framework to ensure individual and statutory reporting requirements are met within the required timescales and have been reviewed in a timely and effective way through the PTS risk management and committee structures.
- Introduce and attend area clinical governance committees and business meetings as and when required/appropriate.
- Promote the role and function of the Clinical Governance & Compliance across PTS (presentations, road shows, etc).
The Ideal Candidate:
- Registered Paramedic or Nurse
- Proven Audit experience at a senior level.
- Proven Risk Management Experience at a senior level
- Data analysis experience.
- Multi-business management
- Ability to undertake sensitive negotiations.
- Successful initiation / facilitation of multi-disciplinary working.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Demonstrates a flexible leadership style.
- Managing difficult and complex change.
- Experience of PTS
- Ability to build effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A good understanding of NHS services.
- A good understanding of implementation of NICE evidence and quality improvement approaches
- Commitment and passion for delivering quality, safe and assured services.
Jobs that might be of interest:Nurse- Sexual Offence Examiner
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Apply now Ambulance Driver - Lewisham
Apply now Ambulance Driver (ACA) - Barking Havering & Redbridge
Location: London, Greater London
Apply now Flexi Crisis Worker
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Apply now Ambulance Driver - UCLH
Location: North West London