Clearing Team Technician (Krugersdorp) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Krugersdorp Market Related
Clearing Team Technician (Krugersdorp) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Krugersdorp | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 14 Apr 2021 | Closes: 28 Apr 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/5147448/209008
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Clearing Team Technician
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Clearing Team Technician based at our operations in Krugersdorp.
Reporting to the Planner/BSO, this role is responsible for resolving and troubleshooting all problems with ATM machines and doing site visits at clients to check if machines are operational.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which facilities operations plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Keeping ATM machines operational
- Identify your 3rd man to accompany you for the day.
- Receive calls from client about machines not working and attend to the calls.
Fix the identified problem
- Obtain sms with site visits required with incident number
- Go to the client unavailable ATM machine
- Trouble shoot-by observing the screen.
- Follow the lead of the screen in terms of what is wrong.
- Fix issues where possible.
- Phone clients for codes where necessary to resolve jams
- Take dispenser out and check machine runs
- If further problems exist, then review the machine screen for further detail.
- Other problems: electronic data capture –reset the electronic data capture.
- Where issues with slips exist, replace from client slips kept inside the ATMs or from the branches.
- Replace printers and printer boards where needed.
Report back to client
- Report the faults to the client as per machine error messages.
- Phone client to dispense their technician where needed.
- Keep client up to date on the status of the machine.
- Adjust incorrect canisters to ensure proper dispensing where needed.
- Advise client, test if machine is dispensing correctly.
- Record on OB book.
- Manager to sign OB book.
- Assisting custodians where they have ATM problems.
Health and safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Computer literacy
- Cash in transit
- Security grades
- Firearm licences
- On the job training for 2 days should provide the skills.
- Drivers license
- Knowledge of G4S standard operating procedures
- G4S Operational Policy and procedures
- G4S HR Policy and procedures
- Health and Safety and risk
- Planning and scheduling
- Computer literate - ability to work on Excel, MS Outlook, Word
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Sharing and cooperating
- Customer Thinking
- Investigations skills
- Customer Service and liaison
- Work under pressure
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Attention to detail
- Delivering great customer service
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Tactical Support Unit - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Location: Crown Mines
Apply now Radio Controller - Marble Hall - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Location: Marble Hall
Apply now CIT Driver - G4S Cash Solutions - Nelspruit - South Africa
Apply now Vault Officer
Apply now CIT Driver