Cleaning OperativeLocation: Cochrane Street, Glasgow City Centre | Salary: £8.21 per hour | Posted: 4 Sep 2019 | Closes: 15 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/US/4842
We are actively seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, hardworking individual in the role of Cleaning Operative to join our team to be based at Cotton House, Cochrane Street in Glasgow.
This role and contract sits within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments. At G4S we are used to working in critical and secure environments. Our expertise in sectors such as schools, prisons, courts and hospitals and other public sector facilities is second to none.
G4S have been established for over 100 years, operate in 95 countries, globally and employ around 585,000 employees globally, which allows for the opportunity for personal development and growth within.
The main responsibilities that this role will involve are the following;
- On arrival, to report for duty in full uniform for the normal work routines.
- To carry out all cleaning assigned, making full use of guidance and training given, using checklists provided.
- Ensure all necessary equipment is collected before starting work.
- Use all materials and consumables in accordance with laid down practices ensuring the economic use of resources.
- Collection, segregation and disposal of waste materials, replacement of liners, in accordance with policies.
- Undertake manual and mechanical cleaning activities in accordance with the cleaning schedule.
- Comply with methods of cleaning required for areas.
- Ensure that all cleaning schedules are completed and checked on a daily basis.
- Refilling of all dispensers including soap, hand towels, toilet rolls and all paper rolls
- Provide emergency and ad hoc cleaning as required.
- Check and observe cleaning to be carried out in accordance with schedule.
- Work safely at all times giving due consideration to themselves and others.
- Must use the appropriate work equipment and PPE provided report safety deficiencies and accidents through line manager.
- Carry out all related duties as may be allocated by the Supervisor.
- Check equipment for faults and notify the relevant person
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned and correctly stored after use.
- Ensure strict confidentiality.
- At the end of each shift, store all equipment used in the appropriate storage.
- If required, collection and deliver of laundry to the site
- Report any maintenance required to the maintenance department and/or advise a member of the Supervisory or Management team.
- Attend both internal and external training courses as required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by Management.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who enjoys working part of a hardworking, conscientious team in a fast pace environment. Due to the working environment it is important that you have good interpersonal skills and treat those that you come into contact with integrity and respect at all times. The working hours for this role are 0700-1500 Monday - Friday.
At all times, we work with the Core Values of G4S:
- Act with Integrity and Respect
- Passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence
- Achieving this through Innovation and Teamwork
In return you can expect 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, life assurance, pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Access to high street discount and much more.
Jobs that might be of interest:Mobile Vehicle Technician
Apply now Property Manager
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Apply now Property Manager
Location: Portadown, United Kingdom
Apply now Senior Area Operations Controller
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Apply now HR Support Assistant