Cleaning Lead Leicester £8.71 per hour
Cleaning LeadLocation: Leicester | Salary: £8.71 per hour | Posted: 29 Apr 2019 | Closes: 12 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/US/4343
This role and contract sits within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments. At G4S we are used to working in critical and secure environments. Our expertise in sectors such as schools, prisons, courts and hospitals and other public sector facilities is second to none.
G4S have been established for over 100 years, operate in 95 countries, globally and employ around 585,000 employees globally, which allows for the opportunity for personal development and growth within.
We are actively seeking to recruit a Cleaning Lead to help support and deliver a facilities management contract we have with Crown Hills Community College. The role is pivotal in the running of the school, undertaking a range of duties and tasks to ensure the site is maintained to the cleaning and hygiene standards detailed in the Contract and to the satisfaction of both G4S and the Client and in order to meet the Contractor’s contractual service requirements.
The role has daily interaction with the client, the public and the students, so the Cleaning Lead needs to portray a professional representation of G4S at all times, seeing to the clients needs when required.
We are looking to recruit to fufill 27.5 hours, as one post split shift. The hours will be 6:00am - 8:30am and 3:00pm - 6:00pm.The successful candidate will work on a 5 over 7 pattern to include weekends where required. Shifts may vary to suit the needs of the business.
- Assist, support and co-ordinate a team of cleaning staff, undertake daily inspections as requested and oversee the work of the cleaning team to ensure all cleaning schedules are completed and ensure that the team work productively and safely whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Assist Site Manager in ensuring adequate cover for all cleaning runs, including cover for annual leave and making last minute decision to cover sickness absence or additional work requests and ensuring cleaning rotas in light of School/ Community Use.
- Check that consumables are replenished daily
- Assist the Site Manager in ensuring adequate levels of stock for cleaning team, requesting additional supplies from Site Manager.
- Ensuring equipment is sufficient, well maintained and being used appropriately by the team and stored correctly, raising any concerns to the Site Manager.
- Ensuring the team are reporting to work in the correct uniform and using appropriate PPE and reporting any failure to the Site Manager.
- Assist the Site Manager in the allocation of reactive cleaning tasks; ensuring tasks are closed out within time and thereby keeping deductions to a minimum.
- Assist site team in dealing with emergency situations e.g. flooding, burst pipes etc.
- Maintain H&S to a high standard at all times and ensure site safety procedures. Advise Site Manager of any concerns regarding COSHH, method statements, risk assessments and instructions for all tasks on site.
- As required by the Site Manager, carry out/arrange cleaning staff training and Tool Box Talks .
- Attend training as required by management.
- Report damages, spillages and breakages, including gathering evidence
- Carry out any other reasonable request by Senior Management.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have previous cleaning experience, ideally within an education sector.
It is essential that candidates have/are;
- Experience of leading teams
- Experience in setting cleaning rosters
- Working t o service performance KPI's
- Good client facing skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Able to prioritise workloads
- Attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in H&S, risk assessments and method statements
- Maths & English GCSE's or equivalent
- IT Literacy
- Water Hygiene - Legionella awareness course
- First Aid Trained