Cleaner BRIDGEND £8.74
CleanerLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £8.74 | Posted: 31 Jul 2020 | Closes: 14 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8990
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary : £8.74 per hour
Part-Time (20 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Part-time Cleaner to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1700 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a cleaning service to specified areas in line with contract expectations and standards. To work as part of a team and ensure that standards are maintained at all times.
- To adhere to the contract cleaning specification and ensure that you are familiar with
- To be able to work on your own and use own initiative.
- To be able to work as part of a team when required.
- Working to a high standard
- Dealing with Changing Circumstances
- Delivering great customer service
- Acting professionally at all times
- To ensure that specific areas are cleaned at stated time schedule so we do not impact on the operational needs of the business.
- To report any building related faults to the FM helpdesk.
- To review and maintain stock levels of cleaning consumables in cleaning cupboards.
- To ensure all cleaning cupboards and areas we occupy are kept clean and consumables stored in a safe manner.
- To check cleaning equipment is safe before use and maintain it to a high standard.
- Report any faults with cleaning equipment to your team leader.
- Work as part of a team ensuring that where appropriate support is given to your team leader when requested.
- To complete any work tasks within the scheduled target dates and submit to helpdesk for closure.
- Regular overtime will be required to cover annual leave, sick leave and other operational requirements in addition to normal contracted hours.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous cleaning experience
- Able to work to high standards and schedules.
- Reliable and conscientious with an eye for detail.
- Flexible approach
- Trained to a BICs standard
- H & S awareness and certified to at least BSC level 1
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.
Jobs that might be of interest: